Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: The Chinese

It is terrible.
Some is true, some is fault.
More and more Chinese will love the holdem, for it is very easy learn and gambling.
Someone who in interesting in China, please connect me at by msn cqlysee at hotmail dot com
sorry for poor english.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have to do is be better than the majority and you're golden [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the rake. Dont forget the rake. Worst case scenario: All you have to do is to beat majority of those pros (that do 12h days, 7 days a week, 300+ days a year) + beat the rake.

And even then, i would rather just keep my current opponets, since i bet that i can beat them with a way wider margin.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not possible because the Chinese government regulates online propaganda, gambling, and sex materials much tighter than you could ever imagine. I see no sites getting even remotely close to legally operating within Chinese borders (except in Macau) for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

China is a big country and there are a lot of businesses that the government does not approve.

It reminds me of an other article that i read about China couple of months ago. Since it has been a while I’m not so sure about the exact details of the story, but it went something like this:

The local government were planning a coal plant. As you all know there's a huge demand of electricity in China, so there was some big profits to be made and the local officials were getting a nice cut of the profits for providing necessary permits/ the land etc.

When the central government find out about those plans they ordered the local government to stop the planning, because the plant would pollute too much. So the local officials said that the idea of the plant has been suspended.

Except that right after their response to the central government they started to build the damn thing. The central government heard about that too and ordered the work to be stopped. Again the local officials told that the construction work has been stopped. And of course just finished the plant right after that.

Anyways just wanted to point out that if they pay their local party officials, they can Enjoy! their business. And I bet that a lot of the companies that would keep pokerplayers as their workers would be so small that they could easily just keep them under the radar of police.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:57 AM

Of all the things to worry you, THIS is it?

Besides, if the market changes, you change with the market.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 AM

lol @ this thread.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 AM

Chinese are the worst gamblers in the world. Let them come!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 PM

There was something akin to this in a recent Newsweek issue(international version anyways).
Old 01-23-2007, 03:31 PM

Yeah, but can they overcome the rake?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:40 PM

This is hardly new. Virtual economies exist/existed in a lot of popular online games and MMORPGS (Everquest, Ultima, WoW) Even on a smaller scale such as Diablo II people had sites that sold virtual items where basically a website is created by 10 geeks who do item/gold runs all day and sell it for money. I'm not really up to date with any of that anymore, but I'm assuming they are still abundant now. It's different to employ people at no risk to do these things than to fund them money like in poker where they could potentially lose it. Also, they would be in indirect competition with each other, unlike games where they each profitably get their gold/items.

Might as well worry about 2+2 forums/books educating fish.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 PM

I love that there is a thread named "The Chinese." Unsolved Mystery music should play when you click on the link.