Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: What\'s your earliest memory?

I have two if you can call the second one a memory.

1. I am about 5. Its afternoon and we live in Bristol, Connecticut. I come running in after playing outside, and ask my mom what's for dinner. She tells me (but I don't remember what) and I say "YUCK!"

That's the entire memory.

Now for the weird one.

2. We are living in a house in New Hampshire (I think, its foggier now). Upstairs in my parent's bedroom. My mom is sitting by the bed, crying, or close to it. She has a letter with an "Air mail" airplane on it. Its from my dad. He is not coming back from his military station as early as he thought he was, and my mom is very upset. I am trying to tell her that everything is ok, but she is not responding.

I talked to my mom about this memory a long time ago, when I was in my late teens, early twenties. The house I remember and could describe perfectly in New Hampshire was the house my mom lived in a few years BEFORE I WAS BORN.

*insert scary ghost music here*

Ray
Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. We are living in a house in New Hampshire (I think, its foggier now). Upstairs in my parent's bedroom. My mom is sitting by the bed, crying, or close to it. She has a letter with an "Air mail" airplane on it. Its from my dad. He is not coming back from his military station as early as he thought he was, and my mom is very upset. I am trying to tell her that everything is ok, but she is not responding.

I talked to my mom about this memory a long time ago, when I was in my late teens, early twenties. The house I remember and could describe perfectly in New Hampshire was the house my mom lived in a few years BEFORE I WAS BORN.

[/ QUOTE ]

The house was described to you at some point/you saw pictures of it, it marinated in your subconscious and ended up a nice quasi-memory steak?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The house was described to you at some point/you saw pictures of it, it marinated in your subconscious and ended up a nice quasi-memory steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be, although I can't think of any time I have seen any pictures of it, especially of the bedroom, nor that I would know where the bedroom was upstairs.

And of course, the event really did happen, as in mother getting letter from dad, breaking down, etc, but of course for my mother its not a memory that included me in any way.

It's strange, and it's entirely possible that it could be as you describe. It's very strange whether it supernatural somehow, or just my brain really effing with me and doing a good job of guesswork filling in the blanks to make it believable as a memory.

Ray
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 PM

watching the tv, i think it was the chipmunk cartoon.
i didnt have very good parents.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Whoa. My first memory is of an ice cream truck, too. Vaguely remember wanting to run to the truck with the big kids in the neighborhood.

It was either that memory, or looking out our front door and seeing a bunch of hot air balloons floating around. Can't remember which was actually first.

I was around 2 years old.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:44 PM

I have two memories of my grandfather who died when I was three. One is at his house, he was grilling in his back yard. I just sort of remember beeing there and it happening. The other is of him walking through my front door. This sort of sticks in my mind as a still frame.

My most vivid early memory is of me standing in my bedroom with my mom pulling a polo shirt over my head while explaining to me that my dad's dad died. I remeber going down stairs and my father sitting on the couch in our living room. He seemed upset and sad, but at the same time quiet and calm.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:50 PM

wow, i cant really recall anything from any really young age.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM

I have a number of early quasi-memories but my first concrete memory is of the hospital the day my sister was born - this was two days before I turned 3
Old 01-22-2007, 02:14 PM

I tried to reach into a mirror to get the can of air freshener I could see there. My Mom told me it was a mirror, but I didn't really understand. I know I couldn't really talk as I just looked at my Mom. I would guess I was about 1 1/2.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM

how the hell does everyone remember being two years old? my earliest memory is drawing a picture when i was probably 5 years old. beyond a couple other memories around that time, its pretty much blank until i hit about 7. I am 22 currently.

I think i have a pretty good memory otherwise actually. i guess i am supressing something?