Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Default *Official Mrs. Vig Information Thread*

Hi Everyone,

At the request of a few people who are looking for more information, I decided and was advised that it's probably time to make a new thread, so you don't all have to wade through 1000 posts on the other one.

As posted in the other thread:

(Skip down if you've seen it)

As some/many of you may know, Mrs. Vig (my girlfriend, Sarah) was diagnosed with Hemangiopericytoma, a rare form of Cancer, in September of 2006. Anyway, we've been trying to deal with it since then, with Sarah making frequent trips to Sloan-Kettering in New York for treatment, analysis, tests, etc. Anyway, today we got the news that her insurance company is going to drop her, since she was unable to maintain status as a full-time student. She is insured under her parents, and because of the trips to NY, had to drop a few of her classes. Obviously, we are going to be fighting that decision, but in the meantime, we need some help.

Anyway, next month, she is going up north again for more tests, and will most likely be having surgery at the beginning of March to remove a portion of her left hand (which she has already had surgery on to remove the initial-site sarcoma). Chemo will also begin at that time.

Because of the insurance drop, it's on the two of us, and our parents to try to pay for it. I play full-time, she watches Alex (BabyVig) and goes to school (to keep her insurance, lol), and I also took a job working for an affiliate a few hours a week. I'm hoping you guys can help out to help get her better, although I definitely understand if it isn't possible. I'm playing as much as I can lately, and doing reasonably well, but it appears to be an insurmountable amount of money to come up with to fund her treatment.

New Information:

Some of you have asked for some documentation regarding her condition. Below are a handful of statements/diagnoses/reports from various hospitals Sarah has been to. Her personal information has been blacked out for obvious reasons.

The Front of Sarah's Sloan-Kettering "Cancer Card"
The Back of Sarah's Sloan-Kettering "Cancer Card"
First Surgical Pathology Report From Local Hospital
Mayo Clinic Statement
Sloan-Kettering Diagnosis/Report
United Healthcare Statement

We have received many well-wishes and also quite a few donations thus far. Thank you everyone who has thought of us, whether financially or otherwise. We sincerely appreciate it.

Transfer Information:
Transfers can be made to PokerSwapper on Full Tilt Poker, and/or PokerSwapper on PokerStars. We may or may not be setting up a PayPal account for this purpose. If you would like to use PayPal, PM me, and I will get working on it.

[b]For More Info:[/b}
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, e-mail me at feedpeep@gmail.com, or IM me on AIM at PokerVig.

Again, thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

Regards,
Vig & Mrs. Vig