Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: QQ vs dude who is \"out to get me\"

[ QUOTE ]
I was worried about KK and AA. I had never seen him show so much aggression as he was this hand both before and after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call his tiny bets aggressive -- just the opposite. Don't worry about being beaten; your real problem is figuring out how big of a turn raise he'll call. Pushing is probably wrong, not because you might run into KK or AA but because he's likely to fold, and you want to get more money for your queens.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're over 300BB deep here so I'd have to be pretty sure his small turn bet was not trying to induce you to raise to shove the turn because 3 buyins is a lot for one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the stack sizes again. After his piddly 70-cent turn bet, Villain has less than $10 left -- if Hero makes a pot-sized raise, Villain can't come over the top; he either calls all-in or folds. I suppose it's possible that Villain is trying a weird reverse psychology play with AA or KK or a flopped set, but I think it's a lot more likely he's weak, and the real risk is that he'll fold to Hero's aggression.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:53 AM

3bet a bit more pf to about 2.25 to cut down on his set odds.

I play the flop about the same, my raise is around 5.5.

The turn check/minbet is weird but I usually just treat it like a check. I don't like that 4, against and unknown I probably check behind but I will bet this against a straightforward calling station.

The river club sucks too. I play this the same as I played the turn with more inclination to make a small value bet here because most villains bet out the river if they made something and will call with weak hands just to take a shot at the big pot.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're over 300BB deep here so I'd have to be pretty sure his small turn bet was not trying to induce you to raise to shove the turn because 3 buyins is a lot for one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the stack sizes again. After his piddly 70-cent turn bet, Villain has less than $10 left -- if Hero makes a pot-sized raise, Villain can't come over the top; he either calls all-in or folds. I suppose it's possible that Villain is trying a weird reverse psychology play with AA or KK or a flopped set, but I think it's a lot more likely he's weak, and the real risk is that he'll fold to Hero's aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I meant they were over 300BB deep at the start of the hand but still I'm not sure if QQ can get another 200BB worth of value here. It's likely hero has the best hand but I'd only push with a read that villain couldn't lay down hands like JJ, TT or 99 for another $10, otherwise there's not much value as villain will definitely call with anything that beats hero. I don't mind a smaller, less than pot size raise on the turn, as I think villain is more likely to call that with hands that hero can beat.