Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: 5-5 NL FR cold-call river raise with bpnk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My real question is to reraise or just call on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I just think calling or raising here is a pretty severe spew. If it worked out for you this time congrats, but I generally think it's terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to convince myself more than you here:

why?

1) what do you put villains on?

2) if utg+1 is aware that utg probably has total air, then why would he raise if he had a hand worth showdown? it seems to me that utg+1 really doesn't want to go to showdown.

3) I have to bet any TP or better hand after the turn gets checked, against these villains (lagtard chronobluffer but never bluffraiser UTG, solid but aggro UTG+1). If UTG+1 calls the river bet, then he knows I can't overcall with any hands that I would have checked the turn with, so there's no reason to raise if UTG has air, unless he cant beat like A high. From his perspective, can you think of any possible hands I could have that he could allow to overcall AND that I would overcall?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bad call

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is worthless.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad call

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

right back atcha
Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 PM

this looks pretty terrible. you're going to feel real dumb if utg calls with a 7. or if utg+1 has a 5. or he's bluffing with 66. etc, etc, etc
Old 01-19-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this looks pretty terrible. you're going to feel real dumb if utg calls with a 7. or if utg+1 has a 5. or he's bluffing with 66. etc, etc, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Then a reraise is in order isn't it? Think about it, how often does aggro UTG+1, who thinks I play good and UTG has air, check the turn with a pair there that isn't 66? every other hand he has to bet, because he can fold easily to any further action and must protect what is likely the best hand after I call behind on the flop and UTG checks the turn.

Jesus. Give me a better plan with justification, as well as why my own justification for the play sucks.

Nobody on earth learns anything from "this is terrible", defeating the very purpose of these boards. If you don't have time to respond intelligently, then dont respond at all.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 PM

Gamblor, if this is a brag, it goes in BBV. you claim everyone who says "fold" or similar things is not looking at the hand your way. Well if you have the hand figured out, why bother posting it? Your thought process seems fine, too - its pretty logical, basically you interpret the river raise as alot or nothing and since you beat nothing, your hand is stronger then it seems. furthermore, his play is more consistant with nothing then a strong hand, so it's a routine call. with that thinking obviously call. however, in practice i think it's a bad call bc when you have brianless players and a big pot, people call lightly.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:46 PM

i already responded in HSNL, so suffice it to say this play is bad, you're thinking not very original and in general you should take your brag posts elsewhere.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:01 PM

Raising river is very very bad here. I don't think you can accurately represent a 5, with the draws on board, and your simple call on the turn.

If he bets on river, call or fold.

Also, for future reference, fold turn. You're really putting too much thought in a hand you should be out of already. You can find much easier spots to get your money in.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:13 PM

i bet the table was like WOW U ARE SICK after u won this pot ......post results and i will reply w/"WOW U ARE SICK" too
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising river is very very bad here. I don't think you can accurately represent a 5, with the draws on board, and your simple call on the turn.

If he bets on river, call or fold.

Also, for future reference, fold turn. You're really putting too much thought in a hand you should be out of already. You can find much easier spots to get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no turn bet.