Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: 114s JJ two overs

I guess you are most likely already beat on the flop. Its a dry board and the only thing you really beat is a midpair.
You had the read that Villain hasn`t done crazy things. So c/f turn and river. Unless he`s tricky you`ll check it down.

About the bluff: I can`t see you folding out many better hands. IMO he`ll call with KJ/KQ here and any better holdings. Depends how tight he is. But the "read" part is on your side. I dunno if I`m to loose, but if I`d be Villain, I `d call a shove with KJ+. And the only worse hands you might fold out are KT and other crappy kings. But i dunno if a decent player calls a raise with that crap. So this bluff seems to have for me a bad risk-reward ratio.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:46 AM

i guess any player capable of just cold-calling PF wiht Kx is capable of calling a PSAI with 2nd pair... so, fold.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:46 AM

Bad players have the decided advantage in these situations. You need a perfect flop to raise this small PF. Honestly a flop is the last thing I want to see with this hand.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad players have the decided advantage in these situations. You need a perfect flop to raise this small PF. Honestly a flop is the last thing I want to see with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you are that type of player, who cant play with overcards on the board yes.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i kinda know what you mean, but some of this stuff sounds like you are really approaching these situations incorrectly... the bad players have the advantage thing makes very little sense.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so damn right, that bad players have a decided advantage here, because of their stupidity they are able to raise worse hands.
But: I have no problem at all to see a flop with JJ. If Villain is that dumb, weŽll have an easy time stacking him on a "good" flop.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Chess1956,
If I were a mod I would IP ban you.

Jshuttleworth,
I recently read a post in a HSNL thread Foxwoods Fiend said "I hate the question "what calls you that you beat" because normally I bet thin and let the other guy figure out how he's going to give me his money" that same logic applies for bluffs guys love the call button just because they should fold doesn't mean they will.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I (Chess1956) plays the 114s as well and I played that luckyld about ten times. He is a really crap bubble player and is capable of risking everything on some dumb ass play.

So I will definately slowdown on that turn and leave it to him.

Against a random opponent:

The raise to 475 is just fine. Actually I raise all my hands to 475 and I cant see why people like pudge714 can say, that its too small. Its just fine, if you are a skilled post-flop player.

Flop I will bet the same and turn is all in. GG WP!

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely off topic, but did you make a ches1956 account and then make another account complimenting yourself on how good you are?

link
Old 01-17-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I (Chess1956) plays the 114s as well and I played that luckyld about ten times. He is a really crap bubble player and is capable of risking everything on some dumb ass play.

So I will definately slowdown on that turn and leave it to him.

Against a random opponent:

The raise to 475 is just fine. Actually I raise all my hands to 475 and I cant see why people like pudge714 can say, that its too small. Its just fine, if you are a skilled post-flop player.

Flop I will bet the same and turn is all in. GG WP!

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely off topic, but did you make a ches1956 account and then make another account complimenting yourself on how good you are?

link

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL OWNED
Old 01-17-2007, 01:00 PM

raise pf