Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: New Software: Paint: Colored Notes for Stars

CrashPat this looks great, I look forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Many thanks,

dave.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 AM

I think you mentioned this already, but the dots seem to move around and sometimes dissappear when I resize tables.

The new smaller dots are great.

The colors need work, though. The purple and dark green don't stand out much on the standard stars theme... maybe pastels will work better? Ideally, players would be able to choose whatever 10 pixel x 10 pixel (or whatever it actually is) image they wanted to add as an option.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you mentioned this already, but the dots seem to move around and sometimes dissappear when I resize tables.

The new smaller dots are great.

The colors need work, though. The purple and dark green don't stand out much on the standard stars theme... maybe pastels will work better? Ideally, players would be able to choose whatever 10 pixel x 10 pixel (or whatever it actually is) image they wanted to add as an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about the resizing issue, I haven't seen them disappear though. When they disappear is it permanent or do they pop back up if you resize again or the next hand stars? I can't even think of what would cause that. I have not tried it with a lot of tables running though. The implementation on that is pretty poor right now. I will improve it sometime, but I want to get the other issues fixed first.

I set up an installer now, I'll release that probably tomorrow. I wanted to get to it today but I don't think I will have time. I also fixed the bug where it throws an exception if you click the color box and then click back to the table without ever mousing over the color box, and the exception that made the program not start if there was not a hand history directory.

I will throw some different colors in there too, I use the hypersimple theme which is dark so light colors like pastels would be good, maybe I will throw those in. It wouldn't be too hard to make them user settable but again I want to get core issues fixed before I go too crazy with the user interface.

The image idea is great, I will keep that in mind as I work on things. Right now the buttons are 10x10 pixels and I really like that size.

Any feedback on the layout editor? I tried to make it look similar to the PokerAce HUD one, I wanted it to be somewhat familiar.

Tonight I'm doing some image work, my brain is pretty much done working so I thought I would do something lighter. About 10 minutes into it I remembered how much I dislike graphics work, but what must be done, must be done.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:53 AM

Didn't see the layout editor... looks perfect.

My hunch is that the disappearing is just a more extreme version of the moving around. ie, the boxes are just moving off the table. I was 9-tabling and table selecting a lot, and I resize each time I open or close a table with <6 tables open, so the tables took a really big beating. At almost all of my tables (6-max), the 5 seat's dot moved to the center of the table for some reason.

As far as I can tell, no dots reappeared or moved back to where they were supposed to be. They definitely didn't move back after the next hand. Next time I play a ton of tables, I'll try to figure out exactly what's happening when I resize.

A quick fix for this would just be to make the program restart itself every minutes, or maybe make a hotkey so the user can do it themselves. I know that's not very clean programming, but it'll work for now and also make finding other bugs easier.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't see the layout editor... looks perfect.

My hunch is that the disappearing is just a more extreme version of the moving around. ie, the boxes are just moving off the table. I was 9-tabling and table selecting a lot, and I resize each time I open or close a table with <6 tables open, so the tables took a really big beating. At almost all of my tables (6-max), the 5 seat's dot moved to the center of the table for some reason.

As far as I can tell, no dots reappeared or moved back to where they were supposed to be. They definitely didn't move back after the next hand. Next time I play a ton of tables, I'll try to figure out exactly what's happening when I resize.

A quick fix for this would just be to make the program restart itself every minutes, or maybe make a hotkey so the user can do it themselves. I know that's not very clean programming, but it'll work for now and also make finding other bugs easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that is what was happening to me when resizing, the buttons would just appear in seemingly random spots. I will look at the code for that again tomorrow, I bet I am just doing something really stupid.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first guess on that is that you are either not saving hand histories or they are saved in another directory. I noticed the bug today when I had another user try the application out on a new machine.

Open Stars go to Request / Instant Hand History and make sure it is saving the files to disk.

If you are saving in a directory besides c:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\ you need to edit a settings file. In the Paint directory there is a file called Paint.exe.config open that with notepad or some other text editor.

Then look for
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
&lt;setting name="PokerStarsHistoryPath" serializeAs="String"&gt;
&lt;value&gt;C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\&lt;/value&gt;
&lt;/setting&gt;
</pre><hr />

and change the path between the value tags to where you are saving it. Make sure you include the trailing slash or it might not work. I'll try to fix this, I was not aware of it until today.

If that isn't the problem then post again and I'll try to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, that does it. im running a german xp so my path is different from the eng version.
thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:08 PM

Version 0.1.3 is up.

The installer will install to C:\Program Files\PokerAide\Paint by default, future versions will not overwrite any notes.xml file so upgrading will be easy.

I forgot to add colors to the menu, I put a note so I'll remember next time. Mostly I fixed the startup bug that Toasta had, the color select bug, and a bug in the note editor.

This weekend I'll try to figure out the resize bug.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 AM

I did as you suggested and removed ver 1.2 and installed ver 1.3. 1.3 comes up, but when I attempt to color a square it will show the list of colors, but will not add any to the squares. Sometimes I am getting an unhandled exception error message that I cannot get to go away.

The error message says to send the paint.log file to you, but when I go to the folder there is no log file. Enable logging is checked on Paint v0.1.3.

Files in the folder are: Images, Layouts, License, Paint(txt document), Paintbanner_white, Paint PokerAide, and Paint.exe(Config file).

Enjoy your weekend and watch the Saints game.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM

It's taking a while for new players at a table to get a dot. Maybe 20 hands or so.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 PM

More importantly.. the dots stay white when i try to change them,