Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Throwing Someone Else Under the Bus -- Foxwoods 20/40

I've never played at FW before, but you played the hand well for most live games. I'd be inclined to 3-bet PF but that's only because that's where my comfort level is at.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 PM

TT,

In Bus' defense, I have played so many hands with him and discussed so much poker with him that he would be very tough against me postflop. He may be more straightforward against others (even players he knows to be solid), but he would make life very tough on me.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bus calling the raise is not good for your 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Little Bus (thank you Terence for that fabulous nickname) still has a wide range when he calls a flop c/r.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

In Bus' defense, I have played so many hands with him and discussed so much poker with him that he would be very tough against me postflop. He may be more straightforward against others (even players he knows to be solid), but he would make life very tough on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first met the Bus he has very creative but my last impression was that he knew he was spewing and tried to tighten up his game to make it very straightforward. Tell him I said hi, you have a really great friend and he is very lucky to have you to lean on.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I would 3bet this and get it head up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? In my experience when tight players limp, and 25 vpip seems fairly tight to me, they know they don't have enough hand to call two more bets.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not crazy about the turn fold

[/ QUOTE ]

There's zero chance he's ahead of Little Bus.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Little Bus (thank you Terence for that fabulous nickname) still has a wide range when he calls a flop c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be somewhat fairly wide, but its really slim when he bets the turn. Also, LB is a much better player than you give him credit for in your posts.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be somewhat fairly wide, but its really slim when he bets the turn. Also, LB is a much better player than you give him credit for in your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment is related to the flop call only, we don't know that LB will bet the turn when Will decides to check. And if it wasn't clear, I said LB has come a long way - he isn't spewy anymore, but my last experience with him was a few months ago when he still wasn't a fantastic hand reader and he had become far less creative intentionally in an attempt to become a better player. He is however the best player in those games outside the obvious few of us.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:52 AM

He generally wont have a big pair here based on the flop action. And if he doesnt have a big pair, you dont want to give both a free card. By saying that you would check/fold, you are implicitly saying that he checks behind with overcards. And that's bad.

Him raising the turn also opens up a few doors for us. It gives us the opportunity to show enough strength to make him fold, if he is the kind of person to make big folds.

I can tell by the way you're approaching the turn that you are both somewhat honest against each other. And i think that most tight/good players when faced with a turn 3bet from another solid player will fold. I certainly would fold against a typical 2+2 player.

It seems by the way you're approaching the turn that you are both somewhat honest against each other. And i think that most tight/good players when faced with a turn 3bet from another solid player will fold. It's just a matter of how much of a showdown monkey he is.

If you're called, check/fold unimproved. Even if it doesnt work out often enough to justify it for that hand alone, believe me it'll pay off in future hands. You obviously HAVE to show it if he folds. No one at the table will ever fold to your river value bets again.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:24 AM

FWIW, I figured I had Bus beat here somewhat regularly... the key fact is not what he does (he could very reasonably three-bet or wait and raise the turn with a hand like QQ, which is in fact what he had), but the fact that the nitty Foxwoods player overcalled a bet and a check-raise on a paired, drawless board.

TT is right though that once Bus bets the turn, I am basically never ahead. He would be very unlikely to bet this turn with AK unimproved or similar. The only hands of his I might be beating would be exactly 77 (maybe 66).

Needless to say, though, Bus got check-raised by the MP player...