Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Micro and Macro

[ QUOTE ]
Neither. I guess my writing is not as concise as it should be. I liked the article very much. My point was that it is not really macro vs micro (big picture vs. details) as much as it is acting on principles vs. acting on recipes. Is that better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tons. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] In some ways it is saying the same thing, still it furthers the discussion.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great article. I have an interesting interpretation of this article.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know this is really weird crap...

I thought Micro poker was when you were really new and you played limits of 02/05 and Macro was when you moved up to hands over 25/50...

On a more serious note, I like the idea of tying the concepts together.

You don’t want to live and die by being 100% in either direction.

I like the Macro concept as that’s pretty much how I play in SNG’s.
Not so much because I’m a disciple of such things but, I’m a newbie and I can’t do the damn math before I start hearing beep beep beep…
How it takes me that long to figure out my freaken outs…

Nope… I’m apply the other concepts cause they work for me…

However I find I still have to be careful that I don’t start acting like Jodie Foster in Nell, spinning in the wind…

But I guess a lot of this stuff will come with more experience and study…
Old 02-25-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the power of macro poker. You can often solve problems confidently with almost no analysis. The problem with analyzing the details is that it's almost certain that you'll forget some. You'll think of ten possibilities, but overlook two. Sometimes the two you overlook change your answer entirely; it's better to make judgments analyzing zero details if you can do so with reasonable assurance that you're correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

The overlooking of two cases is minor compared to the bigger picture. Against players essentially always having their bets, it's usually not worth the brain drain to calculate these numbers. Just fold. But other players are often making plays at the pot. That's what bayesian techniques is all about. You must learn to recognize which players are making constant plays at the pot. These players you must call.