Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Tournament Hand For Review

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play much PLO, so I don't know the reasoning behind the recommendation to pot preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a Tournament, the blinds are reasonably significant, why WOULDN'T you want to steal them, wether in omaha or holdem, limping has 0 fold equity.
Your raising preflop so they fold and you pick up the dead money uncontested, this has less to do with PLO than it does to being a tournament and needing chips to win said tournmanet.

If they happen to call your in position with a decent hand, but you'd rather them fold and take it down uncontested
Old 01-15-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play much PLO, so I don't know the reasoning behind the recommendation to pot preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a Tournament, the blinds are reasonably significant, why WOULDN'T you want to steal them, wether in omaha or holdem, limping has 0 fold equity.
Your raising preflop so they fold and you pick up the dead money uncontested, this has less to do with PLO than it does to being a tournament and needing chips to win said tournmanet.

If they happen to call your in position with a decent hand, but you'd rather them fold and take it down uncontested

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, problem was that I felt the chances that knucklehead UTG+1 wasn't likely to fold, granted I'll have position, but he makes a ton of donkbets and it can be hard to know where you're at in a hand against him because his range is any four cards.

So I figured I'd keep the pot size reasonable preflop and hope for, well, the flop I happened to get actually was pretty close to as perfect as I could hope for.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM

You are the favorite on the flop. You have to get the money in. Not suprising someone has a set on the choppy board. You had 17 outs on the flop, although in Omaha you don't always win when you hit them. 2 Ks, 9 flush outs, and 6 straight outs not double counting.

Of course the guy playing 7722,ds and going allin with bottom set is a complete idiot.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2314489
pokenum -o tc ts 6h 8c - 2h 2s 7h 7s - kh kd 5d 3s -- 2d td 4c
Omaha Hi: 666 enumerated boards containing 4c Td 2d
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ts Tc 8c 6h 308 46.25 358 53.75 0 0.00 0.462
7s 2s 7h 2h 36 5.41 630 94.59 0 0.00 0.054
3s Kd 5d Kh 322 48.35 344 51.65 0 0.00 0.483
Old 01-15-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, problem was that I felt the chances that knucklehead UTG+1 wasn't likely to fold, granted I'll have position, but he makes a ton of donkbets and it can be hard to know where you're at in a hand against him because his range is any four cards.

So I figured I'd keep the pot size reasonable preflop and hope for, well, the flop I happened to get actually was pretty close to as perfect as I could hope for.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would raise this in a cash game, but more so in a tournament. You have a below average KK, but you are in position, which is really important for raising in PLO. In a tournament, you have more chance of taking the pot, and the money is shallower, which is an advantage with your hand.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:13 PM

Hey Bet and everyone else. Thanks for the advice, I'll plan to raise against one limper next time around (what about if there's 3+ limpers? Do I still try to get it headsup or just limp and hope for a favorable flop? Or better to fold than limp I assume?)
Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bet and everyone else. Thanks for the advice, I'll plan to raise against one limper next time around (what about if there's 3+ limpers? Do I still try to get it headsup or just limp and hope for a favorable flop? Or better to fold than limp I assume?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't fold this hand preflop from CO under any conditions. In a tournament, I would generally raise multiple limpers. With deeper money, I might limp behind, since your hand is not very connected.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 PM

lol, you'd never fold this hand pf from the CO under any conditions?

so, like, when there's a limp, a min-raise, and a pot re-raise you're not folding?

i'm lost as to why so many of you love this hand.

you have a pair of kings that are suited, with two danglers.

in my original post, which was actually on a diff site, i told gnu to fold pre b/c it looked like he was in EP with 20 BB's near the money.

i can see making a call from the CO with this hand given his stack, but making a raise is just ridiculous with this hand.

we have KK crap crap.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:44 PM

We dont LOVE the hand persay. But its strong enough to raise it up in position against bad opponents so we can either take the pot down or play a pot in position against bad players.

In conclusion: Position is important in PLO and you can raise with marginal hands if you have position on bad/weak players

Also this hand is foldable but I wouldnt fold to a single raise, especially if it was from a LAGtard
Old 01-15-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you'd never fold this hand pf from the CO under any conditions?

so, like, when there's a limp, a min-raise, and a pot re-raise you're not folding?

i'm lost as to why so many of you love this hand.

you have a pair of kings that are suited, with two danglers.

in my original post, which was actually on a diff site, i told gnu to fold pre b/c it looked like he was in EP with 20 BB's near the money.

i can see making a call from the CO with this hand given his stack, but making a raise is just ridiculous with this hand.

we have KK crap crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I said I would never fold this hand from CO preflop in a limped pot under any conditions. If the pot was reraised, it is an easy fold. You are way behind AAxx and you probably don't want to play this against any other hand that would reraise preflop.