Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Because Capping is Fun!

Bah, if you're going to c/r this kind of flop, I'd just call preflop. I think the cap preflop/ check the flop line results in the flop being checked through far too often.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah, if you're going to c/r this kind of flop, I'd just call preflop. I think the cap preflop/ check the flop line results in the flop being checked through far too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i call preflop and check this flop, much more often it goes bet, call or bet, raise. i am in a much tougher position in a more multiway situation really needing a set to win. capping pf does not influence me into being obligated as to how i should play after the flop, but it will have an influence on how others decide to play it and how they think they should react to how they think i will play it.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i call preflop and check this flop, much more often it goes bet, call or bet, raise. i am in a much tougher position in a more multiway situation really needing a set to win. capping pf does not influence me into being obligated as to how i should play after the flop, but it will have an influence on how others decide to play it and how they think they should react to how they think i will play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Thats why I would cap preflop and lead the flop. Having this get checked through isn't very fun imo. Also it gets checked through often when you go for the checkraise.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:59 PM

I really like your PF cap, but only against a LAG. I might puke and call 3 cold there, but I think a cap could be good against a TAG if he has QQ or JJ and will fold if there's an A or K on the flop (which he very well might do), but I would need to be in position to cap a TAGgy player.