Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: New car soon...Help me pick...(pics long to load)

illeagle,

I would much rather have style and performance over some gadgets that work when they feel like working. Dont get me wrong, its a nice car.

Blacksize,

ur right; except that I am shipping everything except my dog and a suitcase [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I would definitely fit in the 6 better. I guess I should look at the cubic feet better and/or go look at it first.

LandonM,
True, This is a 100% write off and I am taking complete advantage of it. I drive about 10k miles a year on the west coast, and I don't even live there (currently).

Ed,

I already have a Hybrid Accord. Don't need a 2nd Honda.

samjjones,

If the mods want to move this thread they can. I assume after 7000 posts you should realize that. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 01:08 PM

If you've never driven a 350z, go test drive one.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:18 PM

do you have to look like a jerk off to drive one of these?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fast. I drove won about 2 years ago. It fits like a glove around me. I am seriously debating the "sports car" approach.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that beamer lokks really gay

[/ QUOTE ]

Like it looks ghey? or will a gay person be driving it? too girly??
Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fast. I drove won about 2 years ago. It fits like a glove around me. I am seriously debating the "sports car" approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

New ones have basically the same options but better engine. If you want new go out and get the brand new Grand Touring, or get a used 06 for still a great car. I'm biased cause i own one, but this vehicle is truly top notch.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BMW > Lexus in every category: Looks/Style, handling, reliability, and most importantly balla-ness

OP,

That's a very nice car but I wouldn't go with a 3 series if you're going cross country since I'm sure you want to bring some stuff with you. The 3 series is really quite small and that one looks even smaller than they've been in the past. 5 series seems like the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, speaking as someone who works as a consultant in the auto industry, Lexus LS460 >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>any BMW in every category except maybe ballerness.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BMW > Lexus in every category: Looks/Style, handling, reliability, and most importantly balla-ness

OP,

That's a very nice car but I wouldn't go with a 3 series if you're going cross country since I'm sure you want to bring some stuff with you. The 3 series is really quite small and that one looks even smaller than they've been in the past. 5 series seems like the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, speaking as someone who works as a consultant in the auto industry, Lexus LS460 >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>any BMW in every category except maybe ballerness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok the major categories of category are as follows. Tell me if I am wrong dino, because I have been out of the industry for about 4 years.

Luxury - Maybe the Lexus has more bells and whistles, but who cares. I heard the auto-park feature sucks. Other then more supple leather, I can't imagine the Lexus being much nicer. This is truly an opinion and not a fact.
Performance - The Lexus has about 80 more horses then this car in the above picture, yet its 1/10 of a second faster. I would take this car up and down the side of a mountain 100x more then I would the Lexus.

Safety- At the time, BMW had the among the best safety systems in the world. They had a passive system that worked to prevent you from getting into accidents and an active system in the event you did. I can't imagine that the two are much different safety-wise.

I think it all depends on who the buyer/driver is, but I remember that all Lexus people wanted discounts and we would wow them with the driver experience which is HANDS DOWN better. They usually wanted to save $100 a month in lease payment for the same price car and generally did go buy the Lexus. The Lexus buyer (to me) is the car noob/old man who drives 30 miles to work on the highway everyday. The BMW is a way more articulate owner who is willing to drive out of the way just for the sake of driving.

Does Lexus offer a full maintenance package with a similar car loaner? The BMW lease covered everything but gas, glass and tires/rims. Does Lexus do that now?

IMO... The lexus is a nice Sunday afternoon car passenger vehicle..while a BMW is a driver's car.

FYC
Old 01-12-2007, 02:57 PM

I think I am going Rolex. I used to be a consultant (sales cough cough...) for them a few years back. They really make a nice watch; combining color, luxury and the ability to tell time.

I am thinking a 6 or 7 series as I will be wondering what time it is almost constantly. I was doing some research today and I came across a diamond encrusted one. It has a second hand, a minute hand, and an hour hand - this might be a hot shot. Well...here are some pics...and some feedback on watches and/or others you have in mind would be cool. I am trying to stay under $60k (nothing over $100k), but I will spend more if I love it and no cheaper model will perform all the functions of a more expensive model.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OP,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]