Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: First date etiquette

tell your cousin not to be a retard. I [censored] hate when people offer something yet they dont really mean it, and then get pissy when you accept their offer.

Hes not a freaking mind reader, she offered to pay half and he accepted. It may or may not have been a wise move on his part, hows he supposed to know if shes a feminist nit whod get pissy if he paid, or a superficial fake chick who wants the free meal.

If date two is in jeapordy because of this, then hes better off without your cousin.

The only debate going on in this thread should be about your cousins actions not his, his are completely fine and justifiable.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Yeah, she should have paid the whole bill...how rude! After all, he entertained her. Ass, grass, or cash...no one rides pho free.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Now she's mad...

She thought that she should jester... he should counter jester (by offering to pay)... the she would offer to get the next date..

I think this is S.O.P based on the first dates I've been on... but I can see both sides.

I think she is in the wrong for basing date #2 decision on this one action (I think she should evaluate the rest of the date)...

...But I also think he's kind of a douche-bag for not insisting on paying...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, she should have paid the whole bill...how rude! After all, he entertained her. Ass, grass, or cash...no one rides pho free.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks to this comment I think my cousin will be creating a profile shortly...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell your cousin not to be a retard. I [censored] hate when people offer something yet they dont really mean it, and then get pissy when you accept their offer.

Hes not a freaking mind reader, she offered to pay half and he accepted. It may or may not have been a wise move on his part, hows he supposed to know if shes a feminist nit whod get pissy if he paid, or a superficial fake chick who wants the free meal.

If date two is in jeapordy because of this, then hes better off without your cousin.

The only debate going on in this thread should be about your cousins actions not his, his are completely fine and justifiable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar - quick IM revealed 2 conflicting thoughts from my buddies.

One says girl making move to wallet on first date is standard (and equally standard for guy to say "I got this"). Other has your viewpoint.

I always thought the wallet-move was pretty standard - though thinking back on 1st dates, it was more like 50/50 they did it (I mean for the ones where they were into me).

-Al
Old 01-11-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would she reach for her wallet if she didn't want to split? I know it's a mind game, but tell your cousin that course of action was unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because this is a classy move as for the female to show she was brought up with class and respect. If you are brought up right you should know that the women is supposed to offer and the male is suppose to 'insist' that he takes care of the bill. Or you can take the class up 1 more level and excuse yourself to use the bathroom and slip your waitress the credit card and tell her to take a large tip and then when your finished you can walk away and say it's all taken care of, while you avoid any awkard situations
Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Fox - not necessarily "classy" - but the move itself (not BB's cousin's reaction) is sometimes meant to impress upon the dude that she is willing to pay (that she is not just expecting him to pay all the time).

Maybe go-for-wallet motion is more standard on 2nd dates, now that I think more on it (I will and I think most guys will pay 1st 2 dates as standard).

-Al
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 PM

She may have saved herself this headache
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

.... Or you can take the class up 1 more level and excuse yourself to use the bathroom and slip your waitress the credit card and tell her to take a large tip and then when your finished you can walk away and say it's all taken care of, while you avoid any awkard situations

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my standard move... but we are talking about awkward college students here !!!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:03 PM

pffft, its ALWAYS fair play for a girl to pay half on a date, imo. The fact that she reached for her wallet makes it even more acceptable. I hate girls who think the guy needs to pay for the first date, and if some girl doesn't go on a second date with me for that reason, I consider myself lucky.