Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: ATs fishmax playalong - FLOP

Raise. You've got an equity edge and with three yet to act, you can hope that at least one of them will come along.

In an ideal world, we would know that CO is an aggro fellow and raises any board. Then we would call, hoping he raises and either 3bet if SB just calls or cap if SB 3bets.
Here, we don't know that, so I think we have to do the work ourselves.

Edit: From the flop-responses so far: Aren't we playing this for the FD?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM

I call again. We don't want to force out players behind us, and we're likely behind SB. I suck at poker, so I don't have a plan yet. I want to see the action behind me and what card the turn brings before deciding my turn and river play.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM

flop is a call... lets hope for overcalls and we can build a ginormous pot...
Old 01-08-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How often will SB fold AK here if we raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I'm not allowed to say never I'll say less than 5% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

How often does someone else out here have a better A (AJ, AQ, AK, A7, A3)?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm too stupid to answer this question.

[ QUOTE ]

How often will someone fold a better A for two bets, and how often would they have folded for just one?

[/ QUOTE ]
AK and AQ aren't going anywhere. AJ will get folded more frequently for two bets than for one. A7 and A3 are very rarely folding in a pot this big even for two bets.

Edited cause I'm an idiot.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:26 PM

I call.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop is a call... lets hope for overcalls and we can build a ginormous pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Word, and word to Wookie. In this case we got lucky:

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Brian is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Brian calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Brian calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Brian ?

Well, what say you?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 PM

V nice post Boz. Calling is certainly an option but at this point the most important factor is potsize. If the pot is small you can either raise or call depending on certain factors. In a big pot you should always raise. At 10 SB I'd lean toward raising though it might not be correct to raise 100% of the time.

Add-on: Call the flop raise. I would 3-bet if a) my A-outs might be good if UTG caps it or b) the PFR will fold to the call-reraise. Both seem pretty unlikely to me. If we 3-bet and get called by the flop raiser it seems unlikely that the PFR will fold for one more and if he caps I doubt that an ace will be enough to drag it. Could be wrong though.

If you do re-raise be ready to bet any non-Q turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM

I raise, we got 3 other players in, an equity edge and a gigantic pot. Plus a 3rd spade may freeze up the action on the turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
V nice post Boz. Calling is certainly an option but at this point the most important factor is potsize. If the pot is small you can either raise or call depending on certain factors. In a big pot you should always raise. At 10 SB I'd lean toward raising though it might not be correct to raise 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against unknowns I didn't want to wind up HU against a SB PFR. Make the pot a little bigger and I agree we're raising to take this down with a turn bet. It's definitely right on the edge, and either better reads or a bigger pot would make it a raise.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:24 PM

Hmmm, seems to have kicked up its little feet and dies. Let's see if this fires it up a bit:

So, first time around on the flop I didn't want to wind up being 3-bet HU by the SB, so I called. When UTG raised I saw no reason to think that I was going to have fewer than 2 opponents and with my NFD + BDNSD + OC I decided to take the bus to value-town and raised. Let's take it to the turn:

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Brian is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Brian calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Brian calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Brian 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Brian calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Brian ?

C'mon, folks, don't be shy, step up and let 'er rip.