Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Brag: Debt Free!

28 years old

Audit Manager at a big 4 firm

graduated with a BSBA in 2000.

Edit: I have a specialization in detecting and auditing fraud in financial service institutions, which leads me to make a good bit more than others in the same position and city.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Congratulations, but you should really think about debt as a tool. Mortgage debt is very cheap right now. You should borrow as much as you can as long as you can cash flow the debt service.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Awesome, major congrats, well done sir. NH
Old 01-08-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations, but you should really think about debt as a tool. Mortgage debt is very cheap right now. You should borrow as much as you can as long as you can cash flow the debt service.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way too general of a statement, and not always true. It is definitely not true for non 0% CC debt and car loans.

The mortgage obviously depends on appreciation, location, etc.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The mortgage obviously depends on appreciation, location, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stole my thunder.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
28 years old

Edit: I have a specialization in detecting and auditing fraud in financial service institutions, which leads me to make a good bit more than others in the same position and city.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm studying accounting and finance myself and this is a curious specialization I'd be interested in learning about. Is this something you were able to focus on in college or just a position you gravitated toward while working?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let the man be debt free. some people just prefer to live that way. I know I wouldn't mind.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
28 years old

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm studying accounting and finance myself and this is a curious specialization I'd be interested in learning about. Is this something you were able to focus on in college or just a position you gravitated toward while working?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I started with my Company, a couple of my clients were in the FSI (Financial Services Industry). I liked the work, so I got more clients in that industry. A need came up within the firm, and I volunteered to attend additional trainings, some firm sponsored, some taught by former FBI agents, some taught by outside agencies. These trainings focused on the ability to spot fraud, audit the companies exposures to existing fraud, and many other things.

Because of this I get to do a decent amount of travelling to other cities, helping out with potential fraud investigations and such.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
28 years old

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I started with my Company, a couple of my clients were in the FSI (Financial Services Industry). I liked the work, so I got more clients in that industry. A need came up within the firm, and I volunteered to attend additional trainings, some firm sponsored, some taught by former FBI agents, some taught by outside agencies. These trainings focused on the ability to spot fraud, audit the companies exposures to existing fraud, and many other things.

Because of this I get to do a decent amount of travelling to other cities, helping out with potential fraud investigations and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fraud is cool. Sounds like a fascinating gig as far as accounting gigs go. Good luck to you. Stay debt free!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:02 PM

I hate you.

Just kidding, nice job.

But seriously, I hate you.

edit: jk