Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: PCA Bubble Question

AQ is alot alot better than three random hands.
I think you should just approach it like it was some low buy in donkament. So its probably very negative EV to fold.

A8 suited + and all pocket pairs would be a slightly tighter range than normal.

In the long run you made a good play. You just might never reach the long run though in big buy in events.

Assuming you have a normal push range i think exit's call range is pretty correct 88 + AQ +.

99 is usually way ahead in these spots
Old 01-08-2007, 05:38 PM

shoving your hand was def +$EV and +cEV ect so don't question yourself no matter what people say, but the only reason to not push would be if the 10k for cashing was of big importance to you and you were willing to sacrafice some EV to lessen variance and garuntee a cash or if you knew bubbling would be v hard to take mentally.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shoving your hand was def +$EV and +cEV ect so don't question yourself no matter what people say, but the only reason to not push would be if the 10k for cashing was of big importance to you and you were willing to sacrafice some EV to lessen variance and garuntee a cash or if you knew bubbling would be v hard to take mentally.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-08-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Push any 2 then? I think I would push reasonably light but I would also think that BB might call light with his stack and your position...depends how many levels you want to get on. I think I would push when in SB with any 2 vs BB who has me barely covered.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Bah ok AQ was +ev etcetc gg me. I think this was a really interesting hand and I want to know exactly what people would shove/fold
Old 01-09-2007, 05:11 AM

wow i'm really surprised. slightly more than 10bb's and it's unopened to you in the co. when i was reading op i was thinking i'd push an incredibly wide range, like any two cards above a 5 and some cards below 5. after reading replies, why would we push such a small range here? isn't it just gonna get folded around fairly often?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:57 AM

if it wasn't exactly on thebubble, w/ huge cihpstack in the BB, i think i'd push any ace, any two broadway, any pair. but bubble and bigstack thats calling us a lot would make me tighten up a bit.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:37 AM

so whats the macro situation here? how many stacks shorter then you and where are they relative to the blinds? i know making the money isnt the ultimate objective but when your 1/4ish of the average stack with one to go patience has to be considered.

I realize what im about to say is contrary to much of the 2+2 philosophy, but at 27k with average stacks in the 100k range your going need to get lucky to go deep and the real money as we all know is deep. why risk increasing 20% when you can wait pocket the 11k and then make the move and win the race.

I'm all for bubble aggression but really think there are times to look at the true risk reward here

let the flaming begin
Old 01-09-2007, 11:39 AM

whynot?, you are not the only one that views the situation as much less black and white then some would have it appear to be.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it wasn't exactly on thebubble, w/ huge cihpstack in the BB, i think i'd push any ace, any two broadway, any pair. but bubble and bigstack thats calling us a lot would make me tighten up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI the big stack is still calling pretty tightish since he is smart enough to know I'm pushing pretty tight.