Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Horrible Floor at Taj

They got new red and green in August. I actually gave them some of my Borgata-time just to see if the rumors of clean chips were true.

Amazingly, on a recent visit in December, the 5s and 25s were not yet totally disgusting. The 1s, OTOH....
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now, this is news. On all tables? I thought the room was wired in such a way to make shufflers difficult to install. Good news if it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had the ceiling tiles open Thurs-Fri. I thought they were changing bulbs. It was for the shufflers. They're on the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
the ceiling tiles in the poker room?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. In the hallway outside too.

I'm aware these things happen. They've always had good fl people with an inexperienced/airhead one mixed in.

This was the first time the good fl people were outnumbered by the clueless/careless ones. Must've just been a bad week. Who knows. Hope not. Tx for the responses.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 1s, OTOH....

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was there the 1's were so worn down that you was able to get 21 into each slot in a rack. When I bought a rack, the remaining space was so large it seemed one chip short in each.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. In the hallway outside too.

I'm aware these things happen. They've always had good fl people with an inexperienced/airhead one mixed in.

This was the first time the good fl people were outnumbered by the clueless/careless ones. Must've just been a bad week. Who knows. Hope not. Tx for the responses.

[/ QUOTE ]
why would they need to open the ceiling tiles in the poker room?
I hope they are going to drop the power from the ceiling to each table. that would be classy.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Since this thread has partially mutated into another Borgata vs. Taj discussion. Someone please explain to me why you would rather play 20/40 at the Taj. Is it really softer than the Borg? I would think you folks would rather play in a far better room with people who are nicer and have better ATM access.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this thread has partially mutated into another Borgata vs. Taj discussion. Someone please explain to me why you would rather play 20/40 at the Taj. Is it really softer than the Borg? I would think you folks would rather play in a far better room with people who are nicer and have better ATM access.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Taj does have better ATM access in a sense. The regular 20/40 Taj players are worse than the regular 20/40 Borgata players. And ever since the room opened in Borgata, I feel the customer service has gone down hill there. I had a malfunction shuffler at my table in Borgata a week ago and the floor did not want to swap it out with another one because they were lazy. The customer service in Taj was never any good. I also think that the 2/5 NL should be spread in the high side of the room. If you are playing in the high side and want to hear your name for a game in the low side, it is very difficult to hear.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone please explain to me why you would rather play 20/40 at the Taj. Is it really softer than the Borg?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is more consistently softer than the Borgata, because there are poor playing regulars. You can get good games at the Borgata when there are at least a couple nonregulars there, but you can be assured of a good game with lots of action at the Taj. Sometimes 20-40 games at the Borgata can be mostly chopped pots and heads up pots between a raiser and the big blind for hours on end.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes 20-40 games at the Borgata can be mostly chopped pots and heads up pots between a raiser and the big blind for hours on end.

[/ QUOTE ]
ive never seen this. ever.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, this is news. On all tables? I thought the room was wired in such a way to make shufflers difficult to install. Good news if it's true.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I was bs'ing with one of the poker managers there a month or 2 ago. He told me automatic shufflers were unlikely to happen because they would have to rip up all the carpeting and jackhammer the floors to run the electrical.

Anyways, I'll be at the Taj this Thursday night. Most likely just playing $5/$10 O8... anybody else gonna be there?