Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Interesting river decision I think

[ QUOTE ]
all better hands call and all worse hands fold. so I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with second part.

I will explain my thinking :
I asked myself waht he would think about my hand. I thought he would probably put me on boat/bluff because he wouldnt believe that I value shoving overpair or a Q there after that river card so tehre is a big chance he would call with one pair hand. Also draw is somewhat less likely because I think he often fold draws to turn bet on paired board (not always obviously).
Still no takers ?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:25 PM

ya he prob won't expect u to shove a queen because no one would, that still doesn't make it right. fwiw i do like shoving more than bet/folding though. i would still c/f mostly though. his range has to be more draws that are now completed than marginal made hands(on the turn), no?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm really wondering what villian gets to the river with here. If he's a solid multitabler with TAG numbers, I don't think he really ever has a flush here. I also think with the way you played the hand; some players will tend to overthink it- they don't put you on a queen. I could see villian trapping here with Qx. Just me though.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya he prob won't expect u to shove a queen because no one would, that still doesn't make it right. fwiw i do like shoving more than bet/folding though. i would still c/f mostly though. his range has to be more draws that are now completed than marginal made hands(on the turn), no?

[/ QUOTE ]

lucky,

vs a good player do you not think you will get owned constantly oop if you make a habit of cfing on the river in these spots?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lucky,

vs a good player do you not think you will get owned constantly oop if you make a habit of cfing on the river in these spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

no...not at all. c/c'ing riv here is really a disaster, the worst play of all probably. you really only beat a pure bluff or a very unlikely queen. the only way a pure bluff gets here is if someone double floated you, which is super rare in its own right(esp at this limit). and just assuming someone double floated you without any logical reason to believe they would, is certaintly a losing proposition.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:53 AM

I don't think you can shove without a pretty good image. c/f looks good unless offcourse he bets really small.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 AM

wtf thinking taggish player can easily call twice here with a pair and try to bluff this river
Old 01-07-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf thinking taggish player can easily call twice here with a pair and try to bluff this river

[/ QUOTE ]

that and random kings that for some reason didnt raise before can value bet.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If i would be villian - i probably just would give up chasing my flush on the turn (since i could hit my flush but you could make your boat) - i go more for QT, QJ QK something like that.

I just check the river and hope for a reasonable bet i would call or i also like the option of the blocking bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with this. A 'solid' (24/13) multitabler is not calling this turn with a flush draw or 9T. I think a worse Q is way more likely, or even something like TT/JJ. I think valuebetting and folding to a raise would be 'optimal' play but I'd usually just check/call any reasonable bet in fear of getting raised (whether it's a bluff or not).
Old 01-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Could this be 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] that whiffed a turn raise for whatever reason? From villain's perspective you have an overpair, a queen and I gues a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw to bet the turn again. If he puts you on that range maybe he waits till the river to try and hang you?

Seems odd for a 24/13 but just throwin it out there