Old 01-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: About the PokerRoom X-mas tourney

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not going back though

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 PM

Pretty much agree with Jim.
Glad the players are getting the money that THEY DESERVE, but the tone is pretty telling.

FWIW - I don't think many were specifically looking for a reason to jump on PR (although some clearly have other gripes there).

If this had happened on Prima or Crypto or even on Stars I think the reaction would have been pretty much the same.

The bandwagon of hate came from how absolutely horribly this situation was handled. And you guys are the ones that did that yourselves.

You raided players accounts AFTER THEY HAD ALREADY BEEN PAID, and took their money without saying anything.
And somehow you thought this was the appropriate action to take.
And continued to let that stand until the out-cry over this got to be too much.

You're honestly surprised that there was outrage over advertising one amount of money, paying that amount of money, and then taking it back?

I also am not feeling in the mood to go back and check the original-post, but weren't other players under the impression that this was a guaranteed tourney before it appeared in the lobby?
Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 PM

i hope you read this pokerroom reps and you quietly go [censored] yourself as you have been doing the same to players for a long time. your stupid post doesnt change anything. we should ban OP's account
Old 01-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Is it the same management for the complete network? cos if yes I should leave the sites with the same skin.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 PM

They are a lot more independant than the other skins.

Fwiw, PokerRoom is a lot better in management decisions than the other skins have shown in the past because of their independence.

To put it in context, they respect the software provider so much they are the only skin in the network which has their own anti fraud team which works on top of the main one used across the skins (to protect their players better).
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally speaking, however, I must say that I'm a little disappointed to see so many being eager to jump on the bandwagon of hate, without first investigating the facts or background of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pathetic. You guys screwed up and it took weeks for you to publicly acknowledge the issue. If people got the wrong impression, it's your own damn fault. Don't look for any sympathy from us.

And it would be obvious to even the most dim-witted of individuals that you are only "making good" on your mistake because of the public outcry and potential loss of business. Spare us your talk of "hurt feelings".

From the tone of your post, it's obvious that you hold your customers in contempt. You managed to completely undo any goodwill that may have been generated by you "doing the right thing". Awesome job, sir. You've lost my business, and that of quite a few others on this site. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally speaking, however, I must say that I'm a little disappointed to see so many being eager to jump on the bandwagon of hate, without first investigating the facts or background of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pathetic. You guys screwed up and it took weeks for you to publicly acknowledge the issue. If people got the wrong impression, it's your own damn fault. Don't look for any sympathy from us.

And it would be obvious to even the most dim-witted of individuals that you are only "making good" on your mistake because of the public outcry and potential loss of business. Spare us your talk of "hurt feelings".

From the tone of your post, it's obvious that you hold your customers in contempt. You managed to completely undo any goodwill that may have been generated by you "doing the right thing". Awesome job, sir. You've lost my business, and that of quite a few others on this site. Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Hopey's tone is pretty strong here, but it's hard to disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
without first investigating the facts or background of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If PR thought that not all of the facts were out they were more than welcome to participate in the discussion whenever they felt like it.
Geez, they didn't even need to use their official account. They could have sent some fake-account, shill guy here to 'speculate' on a couple aspects that had yet to be brought up.

I didn't feel like going to P5s, PR-forum and some Danish newspapers. Seemed like all the pertinent details were already brought from those places into this thread anyway.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 PM

(I've just registered to post a response here as (I've just discovered) I don't have an account on PR to post there, and from this incident don't want to.)

At us for a minute give PR the benefit of doubt and assume the software glitch story is true. Even then, your (PR) own Tournament Rules states players are paid "in accordance with the prize list"!

It doesn't matter if it was a mistake. Your own terms state they should be paid as a 19K guaranteed plus extras.

What worse is of course as everyone have said, you DID paid them that, you THEN took it out of their account!

So a staff member screwed up, and thought it was natural to correct it by taking money out of the players account afterwards. Why has it taken until now to resolve? Remind me when this took place?

If it was honestly a mistake, you have only your own stupidity to blame. That's for both the initial mistake, and the subsequent handling of the situation. In that case, goodbye PokerRoom.com, as I rather trust my money with someone who know what they're doing. If it wasn't a mistake, well, goodbye PokerRoom.com as well.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopey's tone is pretty strong here, but it's hard to disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just disgusted by the guy's attitude. He obviously takes us for granted. Had Pokerroom either:

1) Publicly addressed the situation earlier instead of taking 3 weeks to do so.

Or

2) Once they realized that their customers were getting upset, apologized profusely for the delay in publicly addressing the situation and promised to work harder next time to avoid such things from happening again,

Then I wouldn't have been so upset. But the post they made is just plain insulting. No matter what his "personal feelings" on the matter, he should have been more professional and at least pretended to be contrite.