Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 5/10 A6o steal in CO getting reraised by button.

Ok that way. Yes, betting would also be ok. Only I don't know what to do when he raises. Normally call on the straight outs, but he might be raising on a flush here. I agree he is likely to have something like TT, perhaps with Th that we want to charge. Hmm... now I don't know anymore. Both lines have pros and cons.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 AM

nice post. good decision. could villain ever fold a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8x to a river c/r?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting hand btw, there's a lot happening here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happens when you open with trash in the CO.

My minimum Ax os is A8, because I have to draw the line somewhere.

I just donk the turn
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A6o is hardly thrash against a random hand. But it's borderline. would you raise A2o on the button?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:03 PM

I think you have to donk this turn. I just can't bear the thought of it going check/check and a heart dropping (as it did). As played I think you can bet/fold the river since the Ace of hearts is out there. I just don't see how a hand without a big heart (K or Q) can even consider raising this river considering the action so far. I also think you get called down here by any heart and any big ace - NO HEART often enough to make $$. If turn was checked by villain I would give him a PP hand with a heart in it more often than when the turn is bet, so I am putting villain on a big A, with or without a heart often enough to make a bet/fold line better than a check/call (which will too often be check/check for my liking).
Old 01-03-2007, 12:13 PM

I think you have to b/c the turn. I'm torn on the river, but from your discription of the table dynamic, I'd be inclined to b/f. I just don't think villian is in the mood to fold any heart in this spot FWIW, I think c/r is good against certain opponents and c/c is good against certain ones.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice post. good decision. could villain ever fold a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8x to a river c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I didn't have a great read. Interesting to think about though. If someone could estimate the highest [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that the general TAG would fold maybe I could make some calculations.

I don't know what to do on the flop/turn though if we don't look at the turn card in this case. I just auto c/raised this flop, but with the wheel draw he will see the river. Any line that you think might win the pot UI for us? Bet on the river if we think he holds Ax UI?

If we donk the flop I think that the villain will mistakenly give us a free card on the turn some of the time if he raises an Ax hand (figuring that he has some additional outs from the wheel draw).
Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 PM

Since most people defend their blinds liberally and there is little chance of stealing them outright, I either make sure I have a really good hand (AQ or better) so that if I do get played with I am still likely to have the best hand going in, or I raise with total crap (27o) so that if they dont play with me I still win their blinds, but if they do play with me, I know I'm beat for sure and can give it up easily. A6 and A8 and KJ and KT 77 and all these hands are hard because you may have the best hand, but you may not, and if you win the blinds outright you didnt even need such a hand, and if you get played back you're probably beaten somehow but you just wont know for sure.

-J
Old 01-03-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A6o is hardly thrash against a random hand. But it's borderline. would you raise A2o on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, because what happens in the games I play is the BB calls, and donks about 90% of the time on a J65 board. By opening on the button, you are basically going to get outplayed by folding the winner, or calling down with 3 outs.

If the blinds are tight, I don't even look at my cards. But if the BB is a 40-10, I just fold.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since most people defend their blinds liberally and there is little chance of stealing them outright, I either make sure I have a really good hand (AQ or better) so that if I do get played with I am still likely to have the best hand going in, or I raise with total crap (27o) so that if they dont play with me I still win their blinds, but if they do play with me, I know I'm beat for sure and can give it up easily. A6 and A8 and KJ and KT 77 and all these hands are hard because you may have the best hand, but you may not, and if you win the blinds outright you didnt even need such a hand, and if you get played back you're probably beaten somehow but you just wont know for sure.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have KTo than A6o. IF you flop a pair, it will be top pair almost always. If someone donks a 643 flop, it's not that hard to get away from UI.