Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Anyone Ever Try Nutrisystem?

My girl tried it, briefly. We had the food sent to our home and most of it went into the garbage. It was disgusting. Try weight watchers and/or lean cuisine frozen meals. At least those are edible.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:08 PM

Hey Fluff,

My ex ate those. She liked them alot.
Are they high in sodium?
Do you like 90% of them?
Do you eat one for just lunch and/or dinner?

(That seems like a good alternative to having to cook/count calories for a few meals a week)
Old 01-02-2007, 10:15 PM

I was on nutrisystem for about 4 months last year. Durring that time, my weight droped from 340 to 303 (I also exercised durring this time). After that, I went on vacation, and stoped sticking to the plan, and I have gained back some weight.

Nutrisystem (like most weight loss plans) works well if you stick to it. I think is is easier to stick to than most plans because, since food is provided for you, you don't have to go out of your way to eat right. The food is okay. I plan to go back to it starting tomorrow.

It may be overkill if you only need to loose 20 pounds, but it will work if you stick to it.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:26 PM

clay,
I absolutely adore them! I even bought the insulated lunchbox [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
Are they high in sodium?

[/ QUOTE ]
Some are, some aren't - they aren't marketed as low in sodium, but there are definitely some that are. Individual label reading would probably take care of that.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you like 90% of them?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not just like 90%, I am madly, passionately in love. Their paninis get REAL grill marks from the microwave (which I think is fascinating), their pizzas taste like deep dish pizzas, I can eat fettucine alfredo everyDAY if i want to. I think that the HUGE assortment (don't go to Target or whatever, wait till they go on sale at your local grocery store @ 5 for $10, and then buy enough to fill your freezer, your best friend's freezer, and your boyfriend's freezer). The only ones I do not prefer are the "Spa Cuisine" style, but I wouldn't like that even if it was at a nice restaurant - whole grain rice and salmon, blah.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was on an active diet, I ate:
A Luna Bar (180 calories) for breakfast.
Fruit or soybeans for a snack (~60-100 c.)
A Lean Cuisine (less then 300 c.) for lunch.
1/2 a Luna Bar or Fruit for snack
A Lean Cuisine for dinner.

When I first started doing it, it was hard because I was used to school sized portions of a big ol' sammich/wrap or a salad, and even when I wouldn't finish all of that, it's pretty obvious that the more food available, the more you eat. I really filled up on low calorie, but satisfying (crunchy, flavorful) snacks, like rice cakes (you have to watch the calories on the sweet ones), carrot sticks, and soy beans. As a guy, I'm assuming your tummy is already bigger then mine, so you might have to do something similar.

I would 100% recommend them and honestly could eat them every day for the rest of my life - it's been almost a year and I already do! Just make sure that you don't fill up on not good for you foods because you think to yourself that you're eating diet food.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
clay,
I absolutely adore them! I even bought the insulated lunchbox [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
Are they high in sodium?

[/ QUOTE ]
Some are, some aren't - they aren't marketed as low in sodium, but there are definitely some that are. Individual label reading would probably take care of that.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you like 90% of them?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not just like 90%, I am madly, passionately in love. Their paninis get REAL grill marks from the microwave (which I think is fascinating), their pizzas taste like deep dish pizzas, I can eat fettucine alfredo everyDAY if i want to. I think that the HUGE assortment (don't go to Target or whatever, wait till they go on sale at your local grocery store @ 5 for $10, and then buy enough to fill your freezer, your best friend's freezer, and your boyfriend's freezer). The only ones I do not prefer are the "Spa Cuisine" style, but I wouldn't like that even if it was at a nice restaurant - whole grain rice and salmon, blah.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was on an active diet, I ate:
A Luna Bar (180 calories) for breakfast.
Fruit or soybeans for a snack (~60-100 c.)
A Lean Cuisine (less then 300 c.) for lunch.
1/2 a Luna Bar or Fruit for snack
A Lean Cuisine for dinner.

When I first started doing it, it was hard because I was used to school sized portions of a big ol' sammich/wrap or a salad, and even when I wouldn't finish all of that, it's pretty obvious that the more food available, the more you eat. I really filled up on low calorie, but satisfying (crunchy, flavorful) snacks, like rice cakes (you have to watch the calories on the sweet ones), carrot sticks, and soy beans. As a guy, I'm assuming your tummy is already bigger then mine, so you might have to do something similar.

I would 100% recommend them and honestly could eat them every day for the rest of my life - it's been almost a year and I already do! Just make sure that you don't fill up on not good for you foods because you think to yourself that you're eating diet food.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on yr photos there is no reason for u to be dieting.

but lean cuisine is something only a girl could enjoy.

OP...instead of buying nutrisystem...either get more self control or eat whatever u want and work out more.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 AM

charlie,
once he tries lean cuisines, he willl be eating whatever he wants when he eats them 'cause they're the most delicious things evaaaa [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
also perhaps it would help to explain that i am a lean cuisine SUCCESS STORY *!*!*!* on the website cause those little bitches helped me lose tah-wenty-fahve pounds! (this was like two years ago).

edit: I hope it was obvious based on the coherency of my other posts that this post was made in jest.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] LC's though. seriously.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
charlie,
once he tries lean cuisines, he willl be eating whatever he wants when he eats them 'cause they're the most delicious things evaaaa [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
also perhaps it would help to explain that i am a lean cuisine SUCCESS STORY *!*!*!* on the website cause those little bitches helped me lose tah-wenty-fahve pounds! (this was like two years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a guy...so if he actually likes them he'll just end up eating 3 or 4 of them at a time
Old 01-03-2007, 12:48 AM

fluffpop62,

Don't let the haters deceive you, being too thin is like having too much money or being too pretty.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fluffpop62,

Don't let the haters deceive you, being too thin is like having too much money or being too pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

If fluff also has money then she's definately in the running for this triple crown.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you fluffpop!!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 AM

I've never done Nutri-System. From what I know though, all their foods are shelf stable, meaning they need no refrigeration, (aka full of preservatives?)

If you go the Lean Cuisine route, plan on adding vegetables for bulk - a salad for lunch, veggie with dinner.

Also, recent studies show dieters who have dairy lose more weight. Try cottage cheese, etc.

If you want to set a calorie goal and keep track of what you're eating, you can try sites like:

fitday.com
calorie-counter.com

The Poker Mom