Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Q9s becomes flush

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing he's actually pretty aggressive. Playing so many hands he's got to be calling enough to balance out lots of betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very interesting idea. Can you (or anyone) back this up with some figures?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing some of the math folks here could figure out ways to wave their hands in either direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if lots of lps are actually betting just as much as a tag, and probably on just the same hands. In fact, here's an argument: take a tag, and make him play 80% of his hands instead of 15 or 20 or whatever. Most of those hands are garbage, a few are worth calling the flop, probably very few are worth a bet. At least I hope it's very few, otherwise something's wrong with our preflop play. So this guy's playing four times as many hands, and betting a little less than four times as much as usual, and calling more than four times usual. I'm guessing he'd have lp numbers but he'd actually be betting more often than a tag.

But when I wrote that last post I was thinking about a couple lps I was playing today and yesterday. They were 90+ vpip and well under 1.5 AF. I misread them a few times because of the numbers. One of them bet every time he was checked to in late position, the other one bet first in on every flop he saw. The only explanation I could figure is that they were otherwise calling so much that it compensated for the aggression.