Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Forum Project - Brief Site Description

I was going to ask about the Forum Project. Just like anything people lose interest. Most people need direction and are not self motivated. Let me know what issues you guys are having and I will help out if I can. I have helped several people on this site make their first dollar in internet marketing.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:36 AM

I think people are still working on it. There are probably those who didn't realize how much initial effort it takes to setup and run a site. I personally have put in a lot of hours and still have work to do. It took me a little over a month to get to step 3. I'm still in the belief that we may need our own forum. If someone has the time to run it, I could easily help them build it. I just don't have the time to monitor it while I'm still building my site.

Also, the interest may pick up again when people start offering testimonials about their website and niche. Even though I just put up my first banner yesterday, I have already been offered the job of building another small business' website. The research many of us have done in SEO over the last 2 months makes us experts compared to most people. I wouldn't consider myself one when compared to the regulars at SitePoint, Digital, and the Warrior Forum, but I guess it's similar to being knowledgeable in poker. The majority just know what they see on TV.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still in the belief that we may need our own forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel you need a forum beyond this one?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still in the belief that we may need our own forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel you need a forum beyond this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly for organization purposes. There are so many sub-categories relating to e-business (domains, hosting, SEO, copywriting, CMS, etc.) Keeping it here would be great b/c of the traffic. However, if there isn't an easy way to track posts relating to specific topics within e-commerce, then it becomes difficult to find specific information. Maybe we can come up with a list of suggested subcategories for the Money Making Thread.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:26 PM

fwiw, I would be happy to put up a sticky with links to relevant threads related to the Forum Project...
Old 01-06-2007, 03:19 PM

That's a good idea Sniper. I think that will help tremendously. Below is a link to some of the related threads. As you can see I haven't updated it since November, but at least it's a start. I'll try to search for the other ones and pm you a list or update that thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:39 PM

I'm still struggling to find the motivation to get my site content written but I'm making it a fresh priority for 2007. At this point I have a functioning Joomla site with one basic article. I think before I can create an adsense account I would like to:

1. Write about 10 more articles
2. Grab RSS feeds from one of the free finance sites so I can include press releases and stock price information about all of the publicly traded REITs
3. Enable a discussion forum module

Here is how I'm hoping the site will eventually make money:
1. Adsense revenue from new and returning readers who are interested in my articles
2. Book sales of REIT and other Real Estate investment books through an afiliate program at Amazon

Can someone with more experience in this stuff comment on whether my thoughts are feasible and on-track?

Oh, and here is my brief site description:

Reitprofit.com is an information and discussion site focused on publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs). Through fresh content, news feeds from the publicly traded companies themselves, stock quotes, and in-depth member discussions, it aims to be the "one-stop-shop" for anyone interested in investing in publicly traded Real Estate

And a link to my site:

Information on publicly traded real estate investment trusts
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 AM

One thing that has really held me up is getting used to integrating joomla into building the site. I want to eventually setup a forum and comments section to go along with the content I have already developed. I guess I need to get some information to look at for learning how to edit the templates I have already setup in the joomla admin page. Any suggestions? Also a link to install the joomla forums and comments modules? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:38 PM

Check out the joomla tutorials at:

www.screenbooks.net/joomla

There is one where the guy walks you through a customization of an existing template by altering the CSS code. It helped me make a few (very) basic tweaks to my template.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Here is my site, dedicated to helping college students find the deals they are looking for. It isn't cheap being a college student, and we are here to help!

http://areyoubrokeincollege.com