Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 09:58 PM

Default Re: CraigsList Help

[ QUOTE ]
So I Made a post on craigslist cause I need a new roommate, and I keep getting emails like this -

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean there are more of them?

Also living alone is the nuts.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watching Michael Jackson on stage

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
watching...Roseanne

[/ QUOTE ]

So in Nigeria, everything they know about American culture comes from a 15-year-old copy of People Magazine?
Old 12-27-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
test

[/ QUOTE ]

success. good luck in your future posting, chuck.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I Made a post on craigslist cause I need a new roommate, and I keep getting emails like this -

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean there are more of them?

Also living alone is the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.... There is more, I have got about 20 in one day, all from Nigerians It seems, here are some more...

Hello,
I saw your advert online and I am interested in your roomapartment .i was born in greater london in united kingdom and I will be having study leave coming up soon in the USA.Right now I am in new south wales Australia for a programme on children with heart related probs.My next programme/seminars will be in the USA and I will be needing a room to stay for this seminars and I need to secure a room before my arrival tothe US.I am having fun here in south wales and I can't wait to arrive to the
US.Plsdo get back to me with the room description,move in rent fees for the first month and any deposit if included.I await your reply .
Pls send me your reply at kelly_jas26@yahoo.com

Best Regards,
Kelly.

I am betty williams. I am a graduate of Limerick University, Ireland and work as a professional network engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company Domicos consulting inc. here in UK. I am a very dedicated individual who is totally committed to human development, friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything. I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people. I dont smoke but do not mind people who do being around me. I am cool headed and easy going person with no criminal record and like to have a roommate who is very responsible and understanding, someone i can really get along with.
.I saw your advert and i am sincerely interested in the room advertised as i will like to move to as soon as i leave here please i will love to hear from you .Please contact me if you are still looking for a mate,preferably through my email
Thanks as i anxiuosly await your mail.please i will like to know the total cost of the room so as to arrange payment as soon as possible.You can as well mail me back through my email address .
I am looking forward to hear from you soon .
Thanks
Betty.

Hello,
My name is Jenifer natacha,I am writing just to confirm if you still have the room for rent. Here is all I can say about my self for now. I am 26 years old female and I work full time, Monday through Friday. I was born in canada. toronto, but I was brought up in England .I work in Mildmay HIV/AID cure, so we travel alot through this because am one of the perfect workers of the hospital , now i am now in Africa, what we do is to give medicine and to advice those with HIV/AIDS possitive , now our next contract is at the state , so i need to move back to the state, so today when i was on the computer i saw your ad on the site that you have a room to rent which is near to where my next contract in the state is being available , then i decided to email you to know if the room is still available , and to know more about the room ok ,i will like you to email me back if you think i will be the best person to rent the room . I am not really a sports person, BUT I do love Hockey Games. I am a very out going person and fun to be with. I do play the organ and piano, and I do have BOTH piano and organ here at my house.I am not a drinker and I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. like bike ridding, swimming, and I love to travel. I am presently in LAGOS SATE IN WEST AFRICA, and I will be moving to the state to fully start a new life and get my own business after 8 years of service in the HIV/AIDS home in africa... I will be staying in the Apt/Room for some months even may be up to a year depending on how the lease is draw I will be arriving to the states within 15-20 days after today...... ,Waiting to hear from you
Warmest Regards,
Jenifer

My name is Desmond Loach 26 male,Straight a christian born in Spain and am a model but I am presently in australia on a modelling contract, and I will be in states early next year,I would like to move in either early next year.I need the details of the room to includes rents and utilitiesI would like to rent for a long term period.I really need a place to put my head when i get to the state.I will like to know more about you
Regards
Desmond Loach

Hello,
how are u doing? hope fine? if so, i appreciate it so much. I saw your Advert that u have a room/apt. to be sub-leased. am interested in renting the room/apt. It suits the type of place i need for my comfort and work. Am a lady of 23 yrs old and a British. I was born and brought up in London . I lived all my life there.
Am an Ngo Officer to be precised but presently in West Africa ( Nigeria ) for a program which will be ending soon. i and the rest of my collegues will be coming to U.S.A ( United State of America ) for another program (HIV/AIDS seminal) which will last for 1 or 2 months. we'll be there to educate and give the people some medical diagnosis on HIV/AIDS.
I will like to lease the room/apt for the period which i will be there for the program cos it prefer staying there than staying in a motel.below is the question you might require of me
Name:-Benita Williams
Sex :-Female
Citizenship:- UK
Place of Birth:-Wood Green
Educational Qualification:-MD(HIV/AIDS DOCTOR)
Institution:- National University
Religion:- Catholic
Marital Status:-Single
Cleanliness:- Very clean
Hobbies:-Dancing,Movies,Concerts,Soccer,Traveling
Nature:-Great sense of humor,easy going and very out going
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking:-Social Drinker don't do drugs nor smoke
Contact Information of BOSS:
NAME OF BOSS:- FLETCHER MAC JAMES
ADDRESS OF BOSS IN UK :-
7294 KENWOOD AVENUE
MANCHESTER CITY , LONDON , ENGLAND, UK
pls response by mailing me and tell me if the room/apt is still available. and i will need to know about the room.
1. the amount you charge per month?
2. location of the place?
3. deposit amount?
4 total amount for 2 months advance
tell me more about the place. I cant wait to read from u soon.
thanking u in anticipation.please i will need the room if available , and dont hesitate to reply to my mail.
Benita Williams
Old 12-27-2006, 10:29 PM

dude, this is so standard for CL you have no idea

I listed a place on there awhile back to see if I could get any bites...I had one hit and thirty something scam emails
Old 12-27-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, this is so standard for CL you have no idea

I listed a place on there awhile back to see if I could get any bites...I had one hit and thirty something scam emails

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, [censored] craigslist then.... I guess I am gonna try roommates.com now....
Old 12-27-2006, 10:32 PM

Sounds like a scam. They'll probably ask for your bank account information so they can "wire" their deposit and first month's rent to you. Then they'll hit your account for some cash. Just my guess.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:40 PM

wouldn't these people make more money scamming if they knew how to write coherently?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:54 AM

If English is not your strong suit, why would you start your scam letter with, "I'm originally from England/Ireland/Scotland/Australia/Chicago."???
Old 12-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Hey!

I assumed my email was private.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]