Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Due Process for the Minority Opinion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you take your two * way to seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right, but it opened my eyes to how "corrupted and full of hypocrisy" this place can sometimes be.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think this place is full of corruption and hypocrisy, just wait 'til you see the parts of the real world that aren't directly underneath bridges!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 AM

Shake,

I've decided against humoring the "all ID posters are the same person" posts. The screwball who started the "Sharkey" line of questioning with me was harassing someone else (Carded) with the same accusation just before I registered. I don't attempt off-the-wall rhetorical diversions on others, nor will I encourage such tactics with a response.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right, but it opened my eyes to how "corrupted and full of hypocrisy" this place can sometimes be.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think this place is full of corruption and hypocrisy, just wait 'til you see the parts of the real world that aren't directly underneath bridges!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but at least in the real world hypocrits can't hide behind a computer screen.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Currupted? Because they had the gall to put a small * as your title for breaking forum rules (which I admit may have been dumb, I don't know you're particular situation)?

Come one dude. Don't make me google that Internet: Serious Business pic.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:01 AM

First, I couldn't care less about the *s. It just made me realize how bad some MODs can be.

Second, if you want the story behind my *s here it is, it's no secret:

I was reading an article about how your job has an impact on your religion. Something about your job having a big influence in people changing their beliefs. I myself do not believe in God but I had the apparently stupid idea to ask poker players if playing poker had influenced in their religious beliefs, so I made a thread called "do you believe in god" (I think, not 100% sure) which was a quite bad title, I must agree on that. I created 2 polls, 1. asking do you believe in God? (yes/no) and 2. Have you changed your beliefs because of your profession?. Like 10 minutes later, a message from NT! full of insults, calling me a retarded polltard , banning me for 2 days from 2+2, giving me 2 *s at once and making obscene/insulting jokes about my post pops up on my screen.

Now, I can accept that he deletes my post, I can accept that he warns me, even if I believe I should be allowed to post whatever I wish as long as I don't harm anybody, I can accept that he tells me that my post belongs somewhere else, but I cannot accept the brutality and lack of respect he used. I was never offered the possibility to explain myself, I was never warned or anything else.

He was obviously looking for an excuse to humiliate me (and later find out he has been doing that too way to many posters).

I later complained to the admins, who apparently don't give a (censored) even if they say they do.

I know many don't like me, mostly because I point out their own stupidity, but in this case, some obvious idiot that has given a sword enjoys using it as much as possible and allows himself to add sarcasm and insults to his abuse.
Add to all that that the Admins won't do anything about it...

But again, it's not about my *s, they just helped me to see how this MOD gets away with daily insults and humiliations of other posters.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shake,

I've decided against humoring the "all ID posters are the same person" posts. The screwball who started the "Sharkey" line of questioning with me was harassing someone else (Carded) with the same accusation just before I registered. I don't attempt off-the-wall rhetorical diversions on others, nor will I encourage such tactics with a response.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is that your posting history under previous accounts is highly relevant here. You just don't want to focus on it because you have trolled under previous accounts.

And note one thing. This is a poker site that has non-strat forums for poker players to discuss other things in life. It doesn't cater to politics/philosophy trolls who have little or no interest in poker (well except for a couple mods like Dids). Which is why besides the fact you are obviously a troll with mulitple posting accounts, that none here gives a [censored] about your whining.

Note to admins/mods: please out Skidtroll's other posting accounts if you have the time to run an IP cross-check.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's no secret

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't trying to imply it was, I just haven't paid much attention to OOT. Is there a thread where your situation has been discussed, and if so, can you link it?
[ QUOTE ]
Like 10 minutes later, a message from NT! full of insults, calling me a retarded polltard ,

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the mods really shouldn't behave in an insulting manner like that. They are representing 2p2.
[ QUOTE ]
and making obscene/insulting jokes about my post pops up on my screen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you expand on this?
[ QUOTE ]
I should be allowed to post whatever I wish as long as I don't harm anybody,

[/ QUOTE ]
But it isn't your forum to decide that.
[ QUOTE ]
He was obviously looking for an excuse to humiliate me (and later find out he has been doing that too way to many posters).

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean he had it out for you? Like just waiting for you to post something maybe slightly wrong so that he could release some rage on you? Why would he *obviously* have it out for you?
[ QUOTE ]
I know many don't like me, mostly because I point out their own stupidity...

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, I don't really know you at all so I don't not like you, but based on this quote you may rethink the way you talk if you want people to like you. Saying this makes you come off as a very condescending douche, whether you are one or not.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have trolled

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't cater to politics/philosophy trolls

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are obviously a troll

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skidtroll's

[/ QUOTE ]
This really isn't useful at all Bluff, and affirms his OP. Why is he a troll? All you're doing is assassinating his character with assertions.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 AM

Bluff,

First off, this site is no longer the exclusive domain of poker players. I would personally wager that a large percentage of the participants in the OT forums do not play poker seriously. One of those in this category is Borodog, so I'm sure you can see that those who don't play poker can also make a contribution here.

Second, in response to a complaint, I recently review a sample of Skidoo's posts in Politics. I found that he is not in fact a troll. As best as I could tell, he makes an honest effort to debate. I think the tendency among many posters is to assume that a new poster who makes frequent posts is a troll. I myself fell into this category when I first started posting in Politics and a few people threw the troll label my way as well. Also, while he occasionally asks simplistic questions, its important to remember that not everyone is as smart as you.

Also, I will point out that the Sharkey account is not banned. There are a few people who I don't like that I might have banned in a vacuum. However, one of the reasons I have not is that I have to respect the judgment of the current and past mods that certain people are valuable contributors. If Sharkey and Skidoo have been looked over and allowed to continue by many different mods over that period of time, I think you have to take that into account.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the tendency among BluffThis is to assume that anyone who disagrees with BluffThis is a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread