Pacific Poker 47 6.58%
WPX 40 5.60%
William Hill 28 3.92%
True Poker 17 2.38%
I don't play Poker online 0 0%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Going All In Before The Flop....

[ QUOTE ]
Now I see why I do so well at tournaments....you guys will risk all your chips without seeing the flop, that is a big gamble in a tournament, In a live game I would not think twice, but tournament play is different. I myself would rather see a flop, now I am not saying I would not go all in if I was forced to, I am just saying I would rather see a flop....the key to winning tournaments is not going all in because you can or because the odds are correct to do so, it is about survival limiting the times you go all in and sometimes folding the best hand. I am not saying don't be aggressive, you can raise, be aggressive without going all in. I make it in to the money in a very high percentage of tournaments, much higher than average. I will be playing in Tunica at the World Poker Open and the WSOP event. Maybe I will see you all there.. you guys all seem quite cocky so I am sure you will be there to show off. Then again maybe not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Like 7 out of 10, which is like 70 out of 100?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I see why I do so well at tournaments....you guys will risk all your chips without seeing the flop, that is a big gamble in a tournament, In a live game I would not think twice, but tournament play is different. I myself would rather see a flop, now I am not saying I would not go all in if I was forced to, I am just saying I would rather see a flop....the key to winning tournaments is not going all in because you can or because the odds are correct to do so, it is about survival limiting the times you go all in and sometimes folding the best hand. I am not saying don't be aggressive, you can raise, be aggressive without going all in. I make it in to the money in a very high percentage of tournaments, much higher than average. I will be playing in Tunica at the World Poker Open and the WSOP event. Maybe I will see you all there.. you guys all seem quite cocky so I am sure you will be there to show off. Then again maybe not!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are unwilling to shove preflop when you have an edge in your favor to double up, you should stick to penny ante home games with your friends.

With your original comment in this thread, you should be the last person to lecture us. There are several (actually more than several) accomplished tournament player in both live and online play that post regularly that know infinitely more than you and I combined.

You have made a terrible first impression here. Keep up with the arrogance and you won't be welcomed by many of the forum members much longer.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts are that youre too scared to be playing tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike most of you kids, not everyone starts playing tournament poker as well as Chris Fergueson. Some people are absolute beginners believe it or not.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts are that youre too scared to be playing tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike most of you kids, not everyone starts playing tournament poker as well as Chris Fergueson. Some people are absolute beginners believe it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even as an absolute beginner, I knew how to move all-in when I had a short stack. You can learn that just by watching TV.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:46 AM

One more thing, lets say you are on the button, the tournament just started, you don't know the players. You have AA, the guy under the gun raises all in, 2 players call...would you call with your AA. If you did you would be an idiot. Because no the odds are against you. The same thing could happen if you were under the gun and three maniacs could call you. This happens a lot at the beginning of tournaments. So why not just put in a healthy raise. To answer my original question with just a yes or no shows you know nothing about poker.... the true answer would be yes and know...sometimes you would, sometimes you wouldn't, the answer depends on your position, what level of the tournament you are in, do you know the players, chip stacks, how many are likely to call....AA is great heads up, but loses a lot of luster in a multi-way pot.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:52 AM

Arrogance? I believe I came here and asked an honest question to discuss, I did not get very many serious answers, I got put down, I believe the arrogance came from the other posters. Telling me not to play tournaments, telling to to stick to penny poker...I am not arrogant, just fighting back, I respect anyone who has an opinion, not a smart ass comment. I have earned a living at poker for two years, I don't work, I asked the question to improve my game, to see what others thought....again not to hear smart ass comments.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing, lets say you are on the button, the tournament just started, you don't know the players. You have AA, the guy under the gun raises all in, 2 players call...would you call with your AA. If you did you would be an idiot. Because no the odds are against you. The same thing could happen if you were under the gun and three maniacs could call you. This happens a lot at the beginning of tournaments. So why not just put in a healthy raise. To answer my original question with just a yes or no shows you know nothing about poker.... the true answer would be yes and know...sometimes you would, sometimes you wouldn't, the answer depends on your position, what level of the tournament you are in, do you know the players, chip stacks, how many are likely to call....AA is great heads up, but loses a lot of luster in a multi-way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to pokerstove, AA is about 60% against a range of hands that a player would shove with preflop and that two other players would call with in an online small to medium to buy in event.

I'll post the final results in a bit. All I know is that you're terribly wrong. There are spots to fold aces. That is not one of them.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And some are trolls.....
Old 12-27-2006, 12:56 AM

I can't believe people are giving honest responses here.

I can't believe I just wasted time reading, and posting, in this thread.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:06 AM

Again you are not thinking out of the box. Of course you push all in with a short stack, not just with AA but any AX. That was not my question....I wanted to start a discussion about when it is not OK to go all in with AA. All I said is I would rather see a flop or not risk all my chips if possible unless I know what situation I will be in. Again I believe that going all in under the gun at the beginning of a tournament is a very dangerous move. You might have 3 or 4 callers. I have seen this happen many times in a tournament.
Closed Thread