Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: how many people vs. bruce lee??

Bruce Lee could simultaneously fight more guys than Royce Gracie
Old 12-28-2006, 06:57 AM

'more guys' needs to be defined a little better to argue this, but since i'm sure royce has much much more street fight experience than lee, i would have to give the edge to royce in some random conflict, as lee was an actor, and royce a fighter. of course both would be at a disadvantage to a larger stronger highly skilled striker such as chuck lidell in a comparitive scenario such as this. but put lee against three big guys, and one of them feels like clinching him from behind and picking him up, he is screwed. keep in mind the guy was like 135lbs (don't know his exact weight).
Old 12-28-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'more guys' needs to be defined a little better to argue this, but since i'm sure royce has much much more street fight experience than lee, i would have to give the edge to royce in some random conflict, as lee was an actor, and royce a fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee wasn't only an actor. He ran various martial arts schools for many years. He studied martial arts since he was eleven. He got into street fights as a teenager in china. As an adult, he competed in boxing matches, and sparred with various wrestlers and strikers. He lifted weights a lot, and did a lot of running. He read thousands of books on martial arts. He wasn't just an actor.

The reason I can say that Lee could take on more people simultaneously than Royce Gracie is that Royce is pretty bad at striking, and I think there's no way he is gonna be able to do a submission hold on two dudes at once. Also, there's no way he's gonna be able to do any significant amount of groundwork if he has to worry about someone attacking him from behind.

Lee however had very very good footwork, and good striking abilities. He could easily move around a lot so he wouldn't get surrounded. Here is an example of a Jeet Kune Do man in a hypothetical fight against two opponents. Sure, it's scripted and probably wouldn't happen like that. However, you would be hard pressed to show me ANY scenario where a BJJ man could perform competently against multiple opponents.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:29 PM

Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have at least one, maybe more friends that could wreck bruce lee one on one, simply by being highly skilled wrestlers/jiu jitsu/mmaers. did the guy even compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC Bruce Lee had incorporated some jiu jitsu into Jeet Kune Do early on.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have at least one, maybe more friends that could wreck bruce lee one on one, simply by being highly skilled wrestlers/jiu jitsu/mmaers. did the guy even compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he fought REAL fights.

This is SOOOO dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, please, yeah, the guy was a vicious street fighter, not an actor. the pro mmaer's i know have nevvvver been in a street altercation. lee did a lot of great things, but he never could have competed with a good boxer or wrestler of his day, let alone a reputable trained mmaer of today. yes, he had great physical attributes, had he grown up wrestling, judo or boxing, maybe he would have had a chance, but he mostly practiced kung fu (right?), then dabbled in some other things. additionally, people often compare him to pro athletes well out of his weight class- that he would have a chance with most of these people is nonsense. looking impressive kicking in the air does not a fighter make, it's kind of like the reason few of those 'and 1' basketball players are in the nba- they don't realllly have game. i guess this is kind of like a religion vs atheism debate however. there is, and never will be, any evidence he could fight, but his followers will tarnish his memory by claiming such instead of giving respect to things he did actually accomplish- inspiring others and making advancements in approaches to training. he was not an ass whooper- not that ass whooping is what he was, or what one should, strive for.

[/ QUOTE ]

For someone clearly reasonably intelligent, you are fiercely devoted to not knowing what the hell you are talking about. Being simply flat out ignorant doesn't seem to bother you even in the slightest, much less slow you down.

You should give yourself a break and try some research once in a while. You are too far out of your depth too far often, simply because you are lazy.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many of you and your friends would it take to take down bruce lee in his prime??

[/ QUOTE ]
Do my friends and I have to circle around him and attack one at a time?
Old 01-01-2007, 02:30 AM

having twice sent check norris packing i am over qualified to answer this question. check old posts for the check norris fights.

the answer is 85 nine years olds
or
all of you wussies that dream of greatness
or

seven decent strong people in athletic shape.

happy new year to all of you and thanks alot

zee
Old 01-01-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

having twice sent check norris packing i am over qualified to answer this question. check old posts for the check norris fights.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fought chuck norris?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'more guys' needs to be defined a little better to argue this, but since i'm sure royce has much much more street fight experience than lee, i would have to give the edge to royce in some random conflict, as lee was an actor, and royce a fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee wasn't only an actor. He ran various martial arts schools for many years. He studied martial arts since he was eleven. He got into street fights as a teenager in china. As an adult, he competed in boxing matches, and sparred with various wrestlers and strikers. He lifted weights a lot, and did a lot of running. He read thousands of books on martial arts. He wasn't just an actor.

The reason I can say that Lee could take on more people simultaneously than Royce Gracie is that Royce is pretty bad at striking, and I think there's no way he is gonna be able to do a submission hold on two dudes at once. Also, there's no way he's gonna be able to do any significant amount of groundwork if he has to worry about someone attacking him from behind.

Lee however had very very good footwork, and good striking abilities. He could easily move around a lot so he wouldn't get surrounded. Here is an example of a Jeet Kune Do man in a hypothetical fight against two opponents. Sure, it's scripted and probably wouldn't happen like that. However, you would be hard pressed to show me ANY scenario where a BJJ man could perform competently against multiple opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that was completely confused by that for a minute because I assumed that it was only logical that the team of 2 would be wearing the same color shirt?