Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: How should I handle this situation?

If he lost $1,500, would you make him pay?

If yes, then the money is his. If no, then the money is yours.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM

I understand why you'd be upset with your friend. Consider this a lesson learned -- don't let him play on your account! He'll chase his losses until busto.

However, trying to withhold the $1500 from him will only succeed in ending the friendship. It would be a clear angle-shoot on your part.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, trying to withhold the $1500 from him will only succeed in ending the friendship. It would be a clear angle-shoot on your part.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's an angle shoot. If he was going to pay for the OP for a $1,500 loss, then he should get paid his $1,500. Otherwise it's the OP's money. A dick angle shoot would be making him pay $200 for the money he lost at $200NL because that's the only level he was supposed to pay on in addition to keeping the $1,500.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a friend, pay him. Let him know you woulda kicked his ass if he lost and that he won't be borrowing you acct again. Then tell him it's time to get drunk and he's buying.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, this is the choice...
Old 12-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I'm 100% sure you should pay him. Not only is it the right thing to do, it's not worth ruining a friendship.

However, I would ask him how he intended to pay you back if things had gone badly. I would point out that it was very unfair for him to risk your bankroll if he had no way of immediately paying you back. Let him know that next time he needs to set up his own account and you'll transfer money to him.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM

Ya'll make the 'friend' sound like some chump. Maybe he is good at poker but sucks at management yes. Has he been stuck deep/ or deeper befor? who knows? How good a friend? who knows.... Either way when i was 18 i got stuck 1g, my homie gave me a G to play with i trippled it and have never looked back... paid my friend in bout 2 weeks time...

if you knew he was going to pay you back no matter what, and you are good friends (which i asssume you are to trust someone with thousands) then you should pay him in whole. That g's dooooo.

or i also like the other posters idea. tell him to make an online account. Give him say 500$ cash, and put the 1g in he account... that way hes gaining, and you helping him in long run...
ps/ hook him up with pt/paHUD if you havnt.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I allowed a close friend to play on my stars account. I went too bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

people need to freaking stop doing this.
It seems to be the origins of a significant percentage of the problems that are reported around here.

How many 'problem' threads have begun with, "Last night I let a friend play on my account."

Or even, "Somebody hacked my account and played really badly" and then later, "Oh, I never let anyone on my account...except for that one time I let my roommate play. But he wouldn't do that on his own. Do you think I should ask if it was him?"

Everyone - It's not hard for your friends to open their own account.
And computers aren't rare so I'm guessing they have their own one of those too.

Their own account on their own computer. What a concept.

I also hate it when people do this because I could have taken notes on somebody which are completely obsoltete when it's not even them.

Stars should more directly address this stuff and reiterate that it's inappropriate to have other people play on your account.

Something about that in the pop-up perhaps.

No, there's nothing they can do to stop it I don't think.

But if they at least tell people to not let others play on your account and to freaking get your own account (kind of like how sites remind you not to give your password to anyone) then I think many players will think twice about it because at least they have the knowledge that they shouldn't be doing it.

Besides, it's in Stars best interest to have the new players open their own accounts so they can re-deposit and keep playing on their own.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell him to make his own account, transfer him the money and change your password. If he is wondering how he will cash it out it's not your problem. Tell him $200 win was one thing but $1500 is a lot of $.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good suggestion.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He told me he was gonna single table 1-2 nl. He sat down at 1/2 nl and lost $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

He owes you $200 as per his verbal agreement. Any profit he made after that was non-binding as it was done outside the agreement.

I'd let him slide on the $200 but tell him he dissapointed you and he will no longer be able to access your account.

If he can't understand what he did was wrong, and how he put your bankroll in jeopardy while he was freerolling, then he isn't a 'friend' you need any longer.

My advice is to dispose of this friend and get a new one to replace him.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just woke up this morning and found his note that he won $1500...and hes asking....can I stop over later today for the money? How do I handle this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response should be to ask him for an additional $500 to add to the $1500 so you can freeroll on his 2k for a night in repayment for your kindness, as you had done for him in the prior night.

At the end of the night after you are done playing, you can then repay him the $1500 if theres any left. If he doesn't go for this, then it shows he was taking advantage of your kindness, and thats not a friend, it's a predator.