Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Bowl season starts tonight....

[ QUOTE ]

2) MAC teams tend to be under-valued a little (at least they used to be...)

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in another bowl thread...I think this is in the past.
The MAC had all those awesome QB's back then and the word was that they just weren't getting the respect.

Now they are getting too much credit for their accomplishments of a few years ago I think.

I really think the MAC has taken a step or two back this year. Just kind of a down year for the league.

That NIU game will likely influence my decision on the Motor City, GMAC and International Bowls which all have MAC teams (Central Mich, Western Mich and Ohio respectively).

WMU for example only beat Miami (OH) and Eastern Mich by 3 points each and those teams finished 2-10 and 1-11.

These teams just aren't that good or that dangerous imo (although Ball State's performance at Michigan certainly turns that idea on its ear).
Old 12-21-2006, 02:44 PM

i'm 0-1 so far because even though I thought NIU sucked I underestimated how good TCU would be coming out of a WAC that I was probably undervaluing somewhat. (also though the NIU run game would actually accomplish SOMETHING).

Well, I'm not making that mistake again.
BYU has to be the choice here I think.

They are hot, Oregon finished with 3 losses in a row.

TCU's scores this year actually compare decently with BYU.
And TCU really impressed me.

ORE lost their last 3...and 2 of those were blowouts.

They won 2 of their last 6 games and those were against Portland St and Washington.

BTW - I intend on betting every bowl game this season. And I intend on compiling a winning record.
Go BYU.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:48 PM

i'm 1-0 i took tcu -6.5 on 2nd half after watching the 1st half

i'm in for byu-3, under 62 also tonight

hope we're all right
Old 12-21-2006, 03:19 PM

Is almost everyone taking BYU -3?

I feel like this is some weird square bet because it just seems so obvious to me.

I considered how ORE was pretty good at the beginning of the year (they got that win vs. OK that they didn't deserve, but still played well against a very good team) and are from the better/bigger conference.

But the Mtn-West (I said WAC previously, meant Mtn-West) seems like an undervalued conference to me and BYU had very little trouble putting away ANY of the teams they were supposed to clobber.

BYU just seems obvious to me.

By the way, winning big against the teams you are supposed to win big against doesn't get enough credit imo.
People see all those big scores and just think, "Well, those teams suck anyway. So who cares?"
But if you do it over and over again without hardly ANY scares then that is significant.

BYU finished the season with a squeaker over UTA (half-decent team at least) and before that was destroying freaking EVERYONE.

11/18 - NM, 42-17
11/9 - WYO, 55-7
11/4 - CSU, 24-3
10/28 - AF, 33-14
10/21 - UNLV, 52-7
10/7 - SDSU, 47-14
9/28 - TCU, 31-17
9/23 - USU, 38-0

holy crap people. Those are some impressive scores. I'm sold.

Even Boise State had some pretty iffy wins along the way (SJSU, 23-20. NMSU, 40-28. WYO, 17-10).

but down the stretch BYU has blown away EVERYBODY (except the UTA game).
Old 12-21-2006, 03:45 PM

Yeah, I agree. This game looks too easy. BYU flyin high and Oregon slumping badly. Power ratings put BYU solidly ahead and location should favor BYU, if anything (not to mention the Vegas "distraction" factor, which the goody goodies from BYU won't have a problem with).

The main concern is that it just feels "too easy". Like we're falling for a trap or something... (not that I want to get into a discussion about "trap" lines...) Maybe better way to say it is that it feels like we must be "missing" something.

Anyway, I'm on BYU too. Go Cougars! Maybe the MWC is the new MAC??