Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: TT on an ugly board - 30/60 Stars

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you really do have to bet this river. You're ahead of a ton of hands that have to pay you off and won't do your betting for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

guess it depends on the particular villain, but are you really ahead of that much? if he is reasonably tight, then you are ahead of kings and aces, but he probably doesn't play them this passively. as surf said, kq and aq are possible. i guess betting is correct, but i dont see that much we are ahead of, and it seems close, especially since ak could easily be out there. how laggy does villain need to be, statwise, to make check calling correct? if we bet, is it an easy fold to a raise against standard opponents?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy call. I don't think AK is likely, nor is a 9. A lot of losing hands would bet in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is ak unlikely?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:39 PM

It seems to me that when you check the river,it would tend to deny a 9 in your hand & may encourage him to bet a hand whereas if you bet the river,he may tend to throw some of these hands away for fear of a straight in your hand.So, the check/call seems better than the bet,but I'm not sure of this.

I guess it depends on whether you think this particular opponent will bet more hands than he will call or call more hands than he will bet.