Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Sit and Gos- Is the rake fair?

I'm going to send this as an email to pokerstars
Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ive paid around 80K in rake after already subtracting rakeback and bonuses. thats pretty sick considering ive only made 95K. its sad that my edge is about the same as the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means your edge is double the rake. If that makes you feel any better. Well wait, does 'edge' take rake into account?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its sad that my edge is about the same as the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it?? after rakeback/bonus the rake is like 6%. thats pretty much my lifetime ROI because i sucked for awhile
Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think ive paid around 80K in rake after already subtracting rakeback and bonuses. thats pretty sick considering ive only made 95K. its sad that my edge is about the same as the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means your edge is double the rake. If that makes you feel any better. Well wait, does 'edge' take rake into account?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i meant from 0, like assuming it wasnt there. nevermind, ill just shut up now
Old 12-15-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ive paid around 80K in rake after already subtracting rakeback and bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get RB on Stars?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:07 PM

Yeah, i was thinking about the amount of the rake like probably everyone does. IMO, these sites get way to much rake. They don`t have to pay any dealer (as far as i know no heating, no waiters etc...
They are printing money, which is perfectly ok. But like in real business there is a thing called "saturation point". And i think we reached that point in SNG`s. And they are really only doing themself a favor if they lower the rake.
However, i am suspicious, why NO site is competing for rake. Didn`t anybody ever think about that. In every business they are competing with coupons bonuses, christmas special offers and all that [censored] stuff...[ok, sites do offer bonus, but only something like first deposit, which is only for new players and not for regular customers]

So why are these sites not competing?! I don`t wanna bring up silly conspiracy theories. I am just rational business-like thinking. Do they have a kind of gentleman`s agreement?!

However,i think i can talk almost in the name of every regular SNG-junkie, that it will not take me more than a second to switch from stars if a site like Bodog etc. would offer a significant better rake. Just think what a 1 or 2 Dollar lower rake can affect over 2k SNG`s....don`t wanna imagine that, otherwise i get sick...

Its ok if the site earns big bucks. But they should be smart enough to know some business ideas, which even a 20 year old knows: "If you take all the money from your customers, take it at least slowly,so they don`t recognize it"

Maybe some bad players wake up after loosing 5000$ a day...Maybe they just think they were unlucky if they lost 50 times 100$...

So DCJ is more than right, and we should really do something about it. I don`t think there is a conflict of interest between the site and us players, although I don`t know how the site will handle the lower earnings from SNG`s for about a month [it will take at least that long for new players to come etc...]

Ok guys...what about if a seasoned pro like DCJ or somebody else writes a letter and share our thoughts with the support?!
Its kind of hard to believe that they will lower the rake significantly, but we can give it a try...
Old 12-15-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think ive paid around 80K in rake after already subtracting rakeback and bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get RB on Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can get rakeback on party....
Old 12-15-2006, 09:13 PM

no.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to ad something...Oh yeah, i think it would be a good idea if we can represent all kind of players in the email. Pros, but also the low and medium level player. This should give us more "power", since we represent together all the stars-customers...
If only pros would write, maybe they`d think, ok maybe we loose a few pros, but if they are confronted with "loosing" the mass and pros, they should really change something.

I think we as customers are really underrepresented in the poker-business. Just guess how many organizations there are to fight for the rights of every silly horse or rabbit club...
Old 12-15-2006, 09:20 PM

Good post DCJ. I don't play on stars right now but I'd consider it if the rake was lower.. or if I could get some sort of sustainable discount whilst not having to reach super nova platium galaxy level.

Even party has been quite decent with bonuses etc lately.. oh how times change [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]