Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Position, Would you?

Well, the beauty of free is that you can throw 'em away (at no cost) if you don't like 'em.

Even if your policy is simply to fold everything that isn't AA and then only to shove when you get AA, it's still a bit of extra freeness that can't be beat.

The only way this question makes sense to me is if you're asking whether you could increase your winrate if you were the posting as the button every hand. That seems feasible, but I still suggest unlikely. I think you need to be able to fold your [censored] hands even as the button.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:33 AM

I'm not so sure its a No brainer 'no way'. I'm hesitant to say I would or wouldn't do it. I think, as with others, the general consensus is 'it depends on the game. As Jared said, I could see deep stack NL (especially loose/passive) being worth it. But in a full ring limit game you just couldn't recoup the bb/hr.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't this easily testable by looking at your winrate on the button from PT and then subract a BB per hand? then look if that winrate is higher than your normal winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, logic attack! Yeah, I definitly make less than a BB/hand on the button. So no, I won't take your offer.