Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Gigabet\'s hand histories

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gigabet clearly finds spots that are +ev that the average 22s player will not think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Gigabet will find spots that are +EV that an average step 5 higher player will not think about. Now, the average step 5 higher player is much better than the average 22 player. Therefore, by transitivity, Gigabet will find spots that are +EV that an average 22 player will not think about.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gigabet clearly finds spots that are +ev that the average 22s player will not think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Gigabet will find spots that are +EV that an average step 5 higher player will not think about. Now, the average step 5 higher player is much better than the average 22 player. Therefore, by transitivity, Gigabet will find spots that are +EV that an average 22 player will not think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

+EV spots at the Step 5s are not necessarily +EV spots at the 22s.

As I've said 2348270398472134 times, short of esoteric data mining and table selection, there is just no way to beat the 11s and 22s except to wait for good hands and value bet.

People somehow think Giga will give them a shortcut to success at these levels. This is just immediately and obviously ludicrous to anyone who truly understands poker. Any kind of LAG approach is doomed to failure. Period. Despite all the e-fellatio going on here.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:07 AM

because if i take any random nl cash player who is decent he will do the same. i'm not saying that gigabet is terrific at these things, i'm saying that he at least attempts them, while most of the forum does not.

c
Old 02-04-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I've said 2348270398472134 times, short of esoteric data mining and table selection, there is just no way to beat the 11s and 22s except to wait for good hands and value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I entirely disagree. Basically what you're saying is that there's no way a bluff can ever be profitable at a lower level. While there are certain players who will call any bet and go to showdown with bottom pair, these do not represent all players. There are plenty of spots where you can get someone to fold the best hand enough to make it profitable and I would believe that Gigabet can do this better than anyone.

Most people beat the 22s by playing tight ABC poker because it's the easiest, but that doesn't mean there aren't other ways. Most people who try to beat them by "outplaying" their opponents don't understand the game well enough to do it correctly.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:21 AM

while i entirely agree with greke, there was another point you missed out on.

pineapple said "wait for good hands and then value bet"

really, you just have to hit the flop harder than your opponents to value bet.

this doesn't require great cards.

your opponents are bad. often playing more flops with them can be quite profitable.

that's all from me for tonight.
c
Old 02-04-2006, 04:51 AM

citanul-

as far as the prop bet goes, all the math might show that it's a bad prop bet but everyone runs bad every now and hten even gigabet. the money meant little to me, I thought it would be fun just to be a part of it.

as far as the HHs go, if everyone want to hord it to themselves then more power ot them. Personaly, I think for MYSELF that they would be more worthwhile if i shared individual hands wiht the community. The discourse of this community has helped with my game more than anything and i wouldn't be surprised if Gigabet weighed in on some hands. but that's just me.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:53 AM

I truely understand poker, so I understand that watching any really good player play and figuring out why he approached a situation different than I would is a great learning tool, regardless if I adapt that approach in my game or not.

If you haven't figured that out yet, you have alot to learn still
Old 02-04-2006, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gigabet clearly finds spots that are -EV that the average 22s player will not think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

this should be fun..
Old 02-04-2006, 05:07 AM

steve,

I don't know if your last comment was in reference to mine. but thanks for putting it together. i personally have a lot to learn from better players. I learned a lot from better players...i learned a lot from looking at your HHs.

thanks again.

PT

retarded posts like this happen when multitabling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:11 AM

Paul- I personally think it would be against the spirit of the bet for you to post Hand Histories from Gigabet without his and/or Lacky's permission. Some people paid the $100 to specifically see the more interesting hands, as was pointed out. But beyond that, I think it would break the spirit of the bet to give the hands out to others. I personally have no problem with it at all (I paid the $100 to get access to the HH's as well), but I think you should ask Gigabet and Lacky if that breaks the spirit of the wager.