Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 05:15 AM

Default Re: No Drive, failing college

[ QUOTE ]
OP, TIEdup likely hates you because you're squandering amazing advantages, just because you can't be bothered to show-up. (Just a guess.)
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I cant think of a single thing I wouldnt give up just to be ab-- blah, forget it

very frustrating though. The good news is that if he realizes what he's doing there's probably time to change

OP dont be an idiot and throw away college like I did
Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP, TIEdup likely hates you because you're squandering amazing advantages, just because you can't be bothered to show-up. (Just a guess.)
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I cant think of a single thing I wouldnt give up just to be ab-- blah, forget it

very frustrating though. The good news is that if he realizes what he's doing there's probably time to change

[/ QUOTE ]

College isnt for everyone. I threw away that "opportunity" because I knew I could create better opportunities on my own, and in fact I am beginning to do so.

Still had to go through the motions though since society and my parents demanded it.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:41 AM

Man I feel horrible for you OP, you make 150k a year and you're stuck in pointless classes taking worthless exams. Just a suggestion, why don't you continue to do as little as possible, get your degree and please your parents, then go right on making mad bank for as long as you can. If you really don't care about your grades then just take your tests and get Cs. I'm pretty sure you can get a C on a test without doing any work if you're intelligent enough to make 150k playing poker.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I feel horrible for you OP, you make 150k a year and you're stuck in pointless classes taking worthless exams. Just a suggestion, why don't you continue to do as little as possible, get your degree and please your parents, then go right on making mad bank for as long as you can. If you really don't care about your grades then just take your tests and get Cs. I'm pretty sure you can get a C on a test without doing any work if you're intelligent enough to make 150k playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is the truth if you take away the condescending attitude.

though you are going to need to make much more than 150k/year since this won't be around forever. you need to be set up with a big enough roll to move into real estate or business investments when you are done with poker.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

College isnt for everyone. I threw away that "opportunity" because I knew I could create better opportunities on my own, and in fact I am beginning to do so.

Still had to go through the motions though since society and my parents demanded it.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? so what are you writing a thesis for?

Are you or are you not graduating from / attending college? Your post isnt very clear
Old 12-12-2006, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you or are you not graduating from / attending college? Your post isnt very clear

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm graduating this semester, its finals week so I have about 3 days of hell left.

I say that I threw away the "opportunity" because I didn't apply myself, rarely went to class and did just enough to get by.

Can not wait to be done. Vegas, Mexico, the Bahamas here I come.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm graduating this semester, its finals week so I have about 3 days of hell left.

Can not wait to be done. Vegas, Mexico, the Bahamas here I come.

[/ QUOTE ]

So either you didnt throw awy the opportunity, or you did and realized the error of your ways and went back to school

Either way, even if you went back or stayed "just for the hell of it" you still took full advantage
Old 12-12-2006, 05:53 AM

Nice ninja edit. The point I'm trying to make is that you DID NOT throw it away

Finishing college with a "meh" attitude >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>> DROPPING OUT
Old 12-12-2006, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice ninja edit. The point I'm trying to make is that you DID NOT throw it away

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You were too quick for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Finishing college with a "meh" attitude >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>> DROPPING OUT

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people would agree I guess, though I really can't see myself ever using my degree.

If I had to do it over again I would stay because living in a college environment is amazing and something I will never experience again, but it would have nothing to do with getting the degree.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:48 AM

do a search, this is covered daily.