Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 77 in bb

[ QUOTE ]
pretty much always I would c/c, c/c, c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ur still ahead of a pretty substantial chunk of his range on the river before he bets

[/ QUOTE ]

A substantial chunk?

I agree with c/c on the river, though I don't like my hand that much. I also play this hand passive the whole way.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:32 PM

I c/c the whole way, but only because the flop is all of one suit. Had it been rainbow, I'm donking the turn and trying to get him out of this pot.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think i should donk into the PFR on both flop and turn and call raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that a flop bet might get PFR to incorrectly fold if he had no club (and if he did, he might pump his draw hence the calls). However, the fold probably wouldn't be incorrect. Therefore, I would take the oppportunity to c/r him to get an extra sb before he folds and to make his fold incorrect.

If he 3-bets, he still may just be playing around with a lone club, so I don't fold. Once that 9 pairs on the turn, you take the opportunity to represent it because you are unlikely to get raised by a higher pair and you prevent a free card. Nonetheless, a club stil may raise. Here you have to know your opponent. If you don't know him, I reccomend planning to c/c most rivers. And taking a passive line against an unknown is certainly warranted.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pretty much always I would c/c, c/c, c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you take the c/c line on the river only because the ace fell? If the river blanked, would this be a bet? If it's a bet, how would you react to a raise?

My thoughts are that I would like to bet a blank, thinking that I'd get a lot of calls from ace high, as the bet would look suspicious with so many missed draws on a blank river. If he raised, I think I'd call because I'd feel like my hand was a bit face up with this line, and I'd expect someone paying attention at all to try and bluff me off my hand close to enough of the time to warrant a call, plus since he's got position on me, I wouldn't want him to get the idea he could push me off. But putting 2 bets in on this river also doesn't feel right [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. FWIW, against an unknown table, I think that this is a line where the stakes make a difference (I'd bet/fold on the river with this line at lower stakes).

For the OP, since the card was an ace, I think he'll bet more hands you beat than call, so I'd rather check than bet. Since the pot is fairly big and we've given villain an invitation to bluff even if he doesn't have the ace, I'd probably check/call.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this move with air because he's calling the turn with virtually any club and probably a lot of gutshots, too.

EDIT: Oh, your hand is in the title, 77. I'd rather b/c the turn than c/r. As played I think I fold the river, you're line is going to cause even 8s to check behind lots its so confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]
villain checking behind an 8 is an argument for calling not folding

when he bets ur in worse shape vs (bluffs + all better hands) than (bluffs + some better hands)

op, i think u should call river. u bloated the pot with a misguided turn c/r and ur still ahead of a pretty substantial chunk of his range on the river before he bets

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I meant that, because our line is so confusing, I think his bluffing tendency goes way down. When I said that, "Even an 8 would check behind," I meant that I think any bet on the river here is overwhelmingly a value bet, and will be a bluff more rarely than if the OP took a more straightforward line. But I guess I could be wrong about that.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:26 PM

disconnected i wouldnt donk the river unless i had improved. getting raised sucks and u dont give villain a chance to fire a third barrell w junk. ya it sucks when aq checks behind but ur oop nothing u can do
Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM

I'm really more interested in the turn and its optimal play: I guess I usually donk/call but can't really explain why or if it's right.
As for the river, I agree w/ RDH that this is rarely a bluff. I know we have no read but do you guys ever bet-bluff K high expecting villian to C/F after checkraising the turn?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 PM

No way should you fold here.

He has a decent club a lot of the time without it being an ace. Pot is big enough to call down I think.

But I would not have c/r's the turn either. I call down a lot in these situations!