Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: [3/6] KQs flops top two on monotone board

[ QUOTE ]

I completely understand and agree that LHE involves pushing many small edges and getting your chips in w/ good equity, but this situation is something i struggle with.

the reason i struggle w/ it is because it is a seven card game. while our hand is probably best right now, is committing that raise out of the small blind agains that many limpers at an obviously loose table really a winning play in the long run?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about all of the ways KQ suited can make a good hand. If you pair either card, you're likely to have top pair with a really good kicker. You're got connected cards that while they can only make a few straights, they're always making the strong side of the straight. You've got the K high flush draw.

At a low-limit loose-passive table you're definitely going to do well with these cards. Players will be playing cards that will often make 2nd best (or worse) hands when you make your hand.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did u raise this out of the SB after this many limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has KQ [censored] soooooted.

Don't fold the river. I hope he had AA
Old 12-09-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way he has AA. i like the first four streets, but i think you can overcall the river. i've been making some folds like this lately when i play limit and i'm almost sure they're bad. especially so given the pot size.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:27 PM

Call, pots odds, no reliable reads, yadda yadda. Easily possible he has KQ also or pair+FD. You'd call this heads up and MP2's fishy presence does not really affect your ability to overcall with top two.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:06 PM

NONANANANO: The most important thing to realize about my PFR is that I'm paying 1 SB to increase the pot by 5SB, so it's breakeven if I win 20% (1/5) of the time. Being OOP doesn't do that much to blunt the sheer strength of my hand, especially since the importance of position decreases somewhat in a 5-handed pot.

------

Babar: Turn SNG was to deny a free card. Also if I can fold the river after being raised, then I lose 2 bets against a flush, same as calling down, unless I river my boat in which case I win 4+ bets (I can't fold anywhere if I just call down the flop raise). Although, the assumption about folding the river doesn't seem to hold because...

------

So the consensus is that the river fold is bad. The main reason I posted this here was because KK seemed like an easy call while AK (ui) seemed like an easy fold while KQ seemed on the borderline, though I could be way off on this. What's our minimum calling hand here?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:56 PM

i would say yours.

also, TYVM for the points about raising these hands in these positions. i've tried very hard to incoporate it into my game and it's helped tremendously.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's our minimum calling hand here?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, AA or two pair(i guess Q9 is the only other one that makes sense, though).
Old 12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
 is offline

i think we can assume without a doubt that we beat him 1 on 16.5 times here. wtf happened here?
especially without a TAG read on him, we have to incorporate KJ and KT(maybe with a spade), another KQ, some K4s from some fish, or some other randomly overplayed hand...
Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM
 is offline

and there's not a huge difference between KK and KQ here, speaking of a calling range. 44 is the only likely holding in between.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way he has AA. i like the first four streets, but i think you can overcall the river. i've been making some folds like this lately when i play limit and i'm almost sure they're bad. especially so given the pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Ax He can have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Qx, he can have a worse two pair, he could have the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

This is a horrible river fold getting 1000-1