Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Bonds staying with the Giants.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are people saying this is an excellent deal...Barry Bonds is a cheater and had absolutely NO market..He went to the winter meetings basically begging for a job. The Giants didnt need to pay him anywhere near $16 million

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the winter meeting or own a team? I'm almost positive he had a market. I think saying that there was no one that wanted him is being blinded by your own feelings.

I'm sure the Giants were just willing to throw 16 million away, come on use your head a little. He must have had another offer for them to think about paying him 16 mil.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are people saying this is an excellent deal...Barry Bonds is a cheater and had absolutely NO market..He went to the winter meetings basically begging for a job. The Giants didnt need to pay him anywhere near $16 million

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the winter meeting or own a team? I'm almost positive he had a market. I think saying that there was no one that wanted him is being blinded by your own feelings.

I'm sure the Giants were just willing to throw 16 million away, come on use your head a little. He must have had another offer for them to think about paying him 16 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before writing a personal attack maybe you should read reports FROM the winter meetings. Bonds had to COME to the meetings himself basically begging to try and gather some interest in him..The Cardinals were the only team to express ANY desire to TALK with Bonds and when heard of what he was looking for were quickly un-interested. Bonds is also hated everywhere besides San Fransico there was no way he was going anywhere else.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before writing a personal attack maybe you should read reports FROM the winter meetings. Bonds had to COME to the meetings himself basically begging to try and gather some interest in him..The Cardinals were the only team to express ANY desire to TALK with Bonds and when heard of what he was looking for were quickly un-interested. Bonds is also hated everywhere besides San Fransico there was no way he was going anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

all of this "Bonds won't be able to find a team" stuff is way way overrated imho. The guy needs 21 home runs to set the biggest record in the sport, and whoever (was) going to sign him was going to get a ton of publicity, ticket sales, ie $$$. he is still a very good hitter, and would have been good in the AL as a DH. I'm kind of surprised Oakland didn't try for him.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all of this "Bonds won't be able to find a team" stuff is way way overrated imho. The guy needs 21 home runs to set the biggest record in the sport, and whoever (was) going to sign him was going to get a ton of publicity, ticket sales, ie $$$. he is still a very good hitter, and would have been good in the AL as a DH. I'm kind of surprised Oakland didn't try for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds also brings a lot of negative attention. No one wants to see him break the record. He is a cheater. A lot of teams dont think his abilities anymore are worth all of the trouble that he brings. Also 16-20 Million is WAY out of Oakland's range..
Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds also brings a lot of negative attention. No one wants to see him break the record. He is a cheater. A lot of teams dont think his abilities anymore are worth all of the trouble that he brings. Also 16-20 Million is WAY out of Oakland's range..

[/ QUOTE ]

if SF hadn't signed him for $16m, how much do you think he would have got?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:52 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is just flat out stupid. im sorry, but its the truth.

rj
Old 12-08-2006, 02:00 PM

Clearly the cards are trying to run the table on suspected steroid users breaking hallowed records.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonds is also hated everywhere besides San Fransico there was no way he was going anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in St. Louis, and Barry Bonds is easily my favorite player.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:20 PM

Saw a report that said that reporters had to talked to the major league teams and they could not find a single team(except SF) that said they had any interest in Bonds. Even the Cards Gm game out after the LaRusa statements and said they had no interest in Bonds.

No team wanted to sign him for anywhere close to the money he was looking for. He wanted a $40 million 2-year deal. He got a $16 million 1-year. That's quite a step down from what he was looking for. In the end he had to take whatever reasonable offer that SF offered because nobody else offered him anything at all.

The reality is that he's lucky to be playing this season under that contract.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM

Another bit of evidence that Sabean is one of the worst GM's in baseball.