Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Uhh, my QQ looks a lot like 44

i would jam pre-flop here. sure, he's got AA a lot of times, but he often doesn't.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would jam pre-flop here. sure, he's got AA a lot of times, but he often doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. I want 5 cards to hit my set when behind and I want all his chips when ahead. And if I lose I still have 25K. If I win I'm a beastly, ominous type stack.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM

I push this PF. I have a monster stack and if he shows me AA then so be it. The reason to call IMO is to push on a flop like this whre I have an overpair. He might lay down his AK and maybe you prevent him from seeing turn and river where he will undoubtedly hit his king. The beauty part of your play (which I still like) is that you've only lost 2k in this hand. QQ usually gets people into trouble.. much harder to lay than jj which i will usually give a hot karl when i can.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which i will usually give a hot karl when i can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell me where that expression comes from?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely to win 3k in chips, this can't be right. In buyin tourneys like this, where you are semi-deep, many of the dumbasses are gone. Lets remember, this isn't during the rebuy period. I'm convinced that 80% of the time this is either AA/KK AK. The rest of the time its meh. 5%, JJ through 22. Is it really worth it when you can put those chips to such better use on hands where you dominate?

I need further explanation as to why Schwa.

Nick
Old 01-03-2006, 05:11 PM

i understand why you folded, but his bet represents a 1/2 pot size bet (value bet? maybe). If you are folding to any bet at the flop, then why did you call his reraise if you were only going to play a set or miracle draw? I can see calling his reraise and leading the flop and folding to aggression, but so many times here you are up against AK or JJ. Just dont understand this line of hoping to hit a miracle on a flop when you are OOP. Lead out flop (to non A non K flop)>push preflop>fold preflop.

Basically not leading flop and folding here you seem to be indicating that you only called preflop because you believed you were getting the proper odds. Not so, if you are only playing for the 2 outer (maybe 1/5 of an out for miracle open end straight and/or flush draw or such). Pot is approximately 8718 for you to call a 2306 reraise. You have approx 3.8:1 odds. If you are folding to anything but a Q on the flop, then you have only 2 outs and only 3 cards to see your miracle out. 2 outs and 50 cards left is 25:1, 3 cards to go (the flop ONLY since you be folding otherwise)gives you 8.3:1. You are not getting the proper odds to call his reraise. This line is very bad.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:29 PM

If u think ur up against AA and KK ur folding on every flop but a Q-flop, why bother calling the minraise?
I would call his raise and bet out on the flop or check raise all in. U have him covered and have a healty stack left if u loose.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:47 PM

Bad Fold.

If villain's range includes AK, JJ then hero is ahead.
If villain's range doesn't include AK,JJ then hero should fold PF.

Villain could easily minireraise for info and to isolate with AK, JJ. So unless you have a read on villain, you are probably ahead when you fold.

What are you hoping for if you fold to a T high flop?

If you push PF with QQ then you are leaking info when you open with AQ, TT--, other stuff, and are not willing to push them BTF.

Hero is ~50% in the hand against a tight range, and is getting overlay in the pot (reverse implied odds of ~13K to win ~19K => 1.5:1)

Villain cannot cripple hero, its not a spot for a great laydown.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM

Why the small bet on the flop though?

So you raise 2306, he raises to 4612? Is that right? So the pot is about 10800? Let me know if my math is off. He makes a 1/3 pot bet into you with that flop and you've got QQ...and you fold? Dude, that is some seriously tight poker. I think you're over-thinking it. You're getting 4 to 1 odds to make the call. Guy made the same play on me the other day with the miniraise and flipped QTo.

I don't think he would slowplay aces with that flop. So why such a small bet? I would call and then if he increases the bet on the turn then you could fold if you want. But I bet he would check his AK.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 PM

You guys are KILLIN ME.

He has 5k in the pot, and has to call 1500 more to see the flop (Forgive me if I dont know what the min-raise was, probably 1500ish more) So with an 11% chance to hit his set on the flop, the implied odds of him taking the entire stack of the min-raiser is more than sufficient to call the initial min-raise. And its not even remotely close.

Nick