Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Stars $27.50: 4 players to Flopped flush, awkward stack to pot size

My point was that there's nothing to discuss on the flop after all 3 players put chips into the pot, move all-in and hope nobody has KdXd and you can fade whatever draws are out there.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:25 PM

You want the king of diamonds to call you. and likely if he has another broadway card with it he is not folding anyway. so basically a bet would only have the thinned the field of the hands that you really wanted to call.

If you not happy to play pots as a 2.5 to one favorite its probably going to be tough for you.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 PM

I'm not a 2.5-1 favorite against three callers. No way I am 72% in a four way hand.

All irrelevant. As pointed out in another thread and by Seke my questioning of this hand is certainly tainted by knowing what the other three players had and results. Getting all-in and at least tripling up is g00t and what I should hope for.

Edit to add: What I should have thought about in the first place is I only need to have 33% equity in this pot to make the chance to triple up correct. I certainly have that as I am almost certainly ahead on this flop.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to narrow the field??? You don't want to narrow the field at all, you'd love to see a 4-way all in here because if someone has KdXd you're going broke anyway, and if nobody has exactly KdXd, you have a huge amount of equity in a 4-way pot.

I think leading the flop because it won't stop you from getting action anyway due to the texture of the board is reasonable. Doing it to "narrow the field" is ridiculous.

I'm not sure why your flop now says "Hero?" because there's no ? at this point. All-in.

Edit: wording

[/ QUOTE ]

Seke is right.

Play to get as much $$ in the middle as you can without "losing any customers" (I know this is a giant no-no in Sklansky's SSNL, but I don't care here).

You're going to end up paying off Kdxd, and that's THE ONLY hand you need to worry about. Sure someone might have the Kd or fill their boat, but I think it's far more likely that people have Ax, Td, 77 or other hilarious holdings.

Get all your money in the middle and bring as many players along for the ride as you can.

OUT.