Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Interesting but Common River Decision

Easy bet given no reads... if he was doing alot of this limp/float/betwhencheckedto type stuff then a river check-raise would be sweet.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Interesting but Common River Decision

[ QUOTE ]
the fact remains that he has you beat like 0% of the time even if you're inducing a bluff a large percentage of the time. so obviously he cant call the raise when you induced a bluff, but what if he has a pair? the point of checking is that you can get 2 bets from made hands and 1 bet from hands that wouldn't call a bet (sometimes). the point of betting is that you can get a guaranteed 1 bet from made hands, and that is what i care about most in unraised pots when i have a monster on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

After thinking this through. The above lines with my original default line and think I am going to just stick with it.
I am still pondering this in terms of guranteeing to pay two when behind if leading out, in order to increase the chances of an additional BB against a wide range of hands. I am wondering what kind of proportion would make this a check call or even a check raise.

Like if he has me beat only 10% but will only call a bet 30% and the other 60% he folds. I will net a BB every ten hands if I lead out. But if I check and of those 60% folds he will now bet half of them as well as all of the 30% I am now at netting 5 bb out of ten a huge difference.

The additional gain of a check raise obvioulsy depends on whether that 30% will call an additional bet.

Of course all of this is making huge assumptions like, him bettting 100% of his made hands which isn't going to happen. I am just trying to show that there is something here, and that there is a line, and wondering if this specific hand with its flop texture might be one of those where there river should be played a little counterintuitivly.