Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: This one made me feel really icky (Bellagio 20/40 O/8)

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so I did a [censored] job of reading ur post sorry. I must have missed that.

I also thought it read that you knew the old guy was about to muck, not BB. I like the bet much more now, because according to your read the old man isn't calling a bet here.

I'd say you get called here a lot by two pair, but I like it. You'll make up for the bet when people call you down later when your holding the nuts both ways.

You think he had like AQ2w here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually, it *was* intended to read that the old man was going to fold. Something about BB's river Hollywooding combined with the 3-way nature of the pot lending credibility to my bet convinced me to take a stab.

As to what he had... he just revealed the AQo. Given that he popped from the cutoff with AKT7, your guess is as good as mine. I'd say he had a 2-5 or T-J as a side card, but other than that your guess is as good as mine.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And after reading through your post again, seeing that he fancies himself to be a great player, he might want to show a "great laydown" to prove how great he is to the table. But that opinion could be influenced now that I know what the final action was, so take it with a grain of salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup... his combination of lagtardedness preflop and mixture of laggro and super nit postflop was something I believe I've never seen in any limit O/8 or HE before.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: Buzz, I picked up the 6 high flush draw, not the nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]Dan - I guess I reversed the suits in my mind. In that case, it's another tough decision on the turn.[ QUOTE ]
On a river 2, what do you do with your poor two pair/2nd nut low?

[/ QUOTE ]Yet another tough decision on this hand. Having gotten that far, I'd pay off (check/call), but it's a bad two pairs and a bad low (as you know, thus the question).

I think the answer as to what to do when faced with a dilemma on the river is to somehow have avoided getting into the tough spot to begin with. But obviously you can't always do that - and this time it turned out nicely for you, thanks to your fine play (and because the schmuck gave you a couple of tells which you spidey sensed correctly - and because the schmuck folded a hand he should have called with).

Buzz