Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 10 person poker table - felt w/ leather border for 79.95!!!

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put on your dining room table to give it a nice playing surface? Quite frankly I'm not excited about playing on wood or a table cloth.

[/ QUOTE ]

"table top/ tablecloth" [snort!]

I'm hurt... really. How could you assume that a HP regular would settle for such cheap, grade-D solutions? I might cry, over the lack of luvvv....

:P

We invested in a good felt, I picked up some inexpensive foam roll from Johann's Fabrics, and use clamps to hold both in place on the table top.

It ends up being a surface that plays very close to what you're used to on good poker tables, with additional flexibility in size adjustments, ease of cleaning (no table to dismantle to get the felt dry-cleaned or spot-treated) and storage.

Other tables, I've used speed cloth rather than wool-type felt. Not as nice, but durable and liquid-resistant. Still a good feel for playing surface.

"Meh, I'm probably not hosting any games though, I've seen how much work it is to get a regular game going, and there are some good regular games running several times a week I can get to. "
Damned lazy leech...
Old 12-05-2006, 04:19 PM

we have used the folding top at our home games. it's pretty unstable, but works better if you put a sheet of plywood under it. i think you can get those cheaper on ebay. check there.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Meh, I'm probably not hosting any games though, I've seen how much work it is to get a regular game going, and there are some good regular games running several times a week I can get to. "
Damned lazy leech...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the games I goto are all raked and I'm one of the regulars who shows up each and every week and help keep the games alive...I doubt the organizers think I'm a leech.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Damned lazy leech...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the games I goto are all raked and I'm one of the regulars who shows up each and every week and help keep the games alive...I doubt the organizers think I'm a leech.

[/ QUOTE ]

you REALLY need to finetune the sensitivity settings on your humorous sarcasm detector. :P
Old 12-08-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Damned lazy leech...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you REALLY need to finetune the sensitivity settings on your humorous sarcasm detector. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

If you insist on making these personal attacks I will be forced to demand satisfaction and notify the mods...not necessarily in that order.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 PM

Its decent felt.. doesnt clump up smooth surface. There is foam underneath and the leather is raised about an inch foam under that too.. Sturdy construction and heavy... no creases does not fold so not great if you need to move it normally priced at over 250 and still one of the cheapest priced tables i have seen. comfortably seats 10. Only thing i noticed different between this and a 4-5 hundred dollar table is the leather border and cupholders are not as high and deep as most tables.. everything else is great about it
Old 12-08-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you insist on making these personal attacks I will be forced to demand satisfaction and notify the mods...not necessarily in that order.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAH! I fear thee not, Zorro-wannabe.
[SMACK! of the white gloves across the face]

Name the time- water pistols or pillow swords?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its decent felt.. doesnt clump up smooth surface. There is foam underneath and the leather is raised about an inch foam under that too.. Sturdy construction and heavy... no creases does not fold so not great if you need to move it normally priced at over 250 and still one of the cheapest priced tables i have seen. comfortably seats 10. Only thing i noticed different between this and a 4-5 hundred dollar table is the leather border and cupholders are not as high and deep as most tables.. everything else is great about it

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the games I play at uses these tables. Good tables to play on. It can be a bit tight with 10, but we often have one guy who is about 450, so that might have something to do with it.