Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Help with job ideas for my mom

[ QUOTE ]
I could teach her how to beat the 11$ or 22$ games in about 30 mins (for 25-50$/hour, but I won't. I guess you can't really teach her yourself, maybe you can find someone who will?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your personal $/hr? if i knew how to get this $/hr I would already be teaching her, i used to crush $30ish buyin sngs for 20%+ but now I can't even beat $1 sngs.. also I have played a SICK amount of sngs in my life, probably over 20000, I wish I didn't spend my money
Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 PM

Will she poop in a ziplock bag for $10?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 02:54 PM

Telling a broke older person to take up gambling to get out of money troubles is the worst idea ever.

do NOT get your mom into poker, you would have to be a complete moron to do so
Old 12-04-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to be a smartass, but surely there's better places to go for advice on this kind of stuff than a website full of kids who pull in hundreds an hour sitting at home in their bathrobes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No man, I asked everyone, do you really think I like getting embarassed by posting this on BBV? I'm in crisis mode man
Old 12-04-2006, 02:56 PM

Did you try sites like Monster or whatever? Never used it myself but it seems like if you have marketable skills like your mother has then it should be useful.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could teach her how to beat the 11$ or 22$ games in about 30 mins (for 25-50$/hour, but I won't. I guess you can't really teach her yourself, maybe you can find someone who will?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your personal $/hr? if i knew how to get this $/hr I would already be teaching her, i used to crush $30ish buyin sngs for 20%+ but now I can't even beat $1 sngs.. also I have played a SICK amount of sngs in my life, probably over 20000, I wish I didn't spend my money

[/ QUOTE ]

20k sngs?

nigga please
Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 PM

The obvious answer to this is for her to apply for different cooking positions.

If that doesn't work out, I'm sure there are temp agencies around you that hire literally anyone who walks into their office who has motor functions and is not (completely) retarded.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

20k sngs?

nigga please

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a conservative estimate, lol
Old 12-04-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play sngs anymore, I'm taking a paycut to learn NL cash. I did average about 60/hour at the 22s though over ~10k donkaments.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 PM

tons of families, rich families looking for a Personal Assistant...that's what I am. Light cleaning, cooking , getting the mail, etc not a maid, not a nanny..they usual have them too. Check craigslist.