Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: (NL) Is this one of those rare occasions where you should slowplay?

I would take a different line. Call behind. I think we're letting off AA / KK / JJ (hands almost drawing dead) off too easy by letting them know they are beat with a raise on the flop. If we call behind, AA / KK / JJ might feel compelled to lead(MP)/call again. Considering how aggressive villains are, they are guaranteed to felt with trips, why not try and collect extra money from hands that are drawing dead?
Old 12-03-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: (NL) Is this one of those rare occasions where you should slowplay

Lead out either way and hopefully, if anyone has a queen, they will be hard-pressed to let it go.

I hate this exact hand a year ago and took down one of my biggest pots with it. Tripled my stack vs. AQ and QT, both guys happily played the hand like the nuts.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM

Definatley should not slow play. Check raise flop. Double that bet would be good to see opponents strength(cause one with Q might play back) And come out firing bombs on turn.

This is also the type of hand you can get F*&*(d
Old 12-03-2006, 06:55 PM

I like check-raising better than leading for a few reasons in this specific case.

1) There is a big chance that the PFR will C-Bet many (any?) hands that he raised with pre-flop, Including many hands without a Queen.

2) If you donk into the PFR, He will be hard pressed to call or raise without a queen. You therefore lose the value of his C-Bet by leading

3) If villain has a queen, you should be able to get it all in by the river anyway (without needing to take a bet/3bet line)
Old 12-03-2006, 07:05 PM

I'm in a bad mood and am gonna pick apart all the bad arguments i've seen so far.

[ QUOTE ]
read the supersystem setion on underfulls.

[/ QUOTE ]
SS is antiquated. I'm not reading it except for historical value.

[ QUOTE ]
always lead out.
wether your cbetting or have a big hand.
that way they cant put u on a hand and can easily pick up small pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise preflop, so there is no c-betting and leading out will very often kill a lot of action.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
read the supersystem setion on underfulls.
the only way ur winning a large pot is by catching someone with a queen. Id raise flop very hard here, and overbet shove turn if i can put someone on a queen. Almost nobody at these stakes is folding a queen here and it looks like someone has one...

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? People stack off with trip queens all the time. Especially when they flop trip queens.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? Did you read the guys post? He's saying the same thing you are.

[ QUOTE ]
These guys both seem quite nitty

[/ QUOTE ]
MP is 20/14/7, CO is 29/7.6/2.4. These stats are nowhere in the ballpark of being nitty. MP is super TAG, CO is loose/weak preflop, semi-aggro postflop, but aggro stats have a way of swinging up and down when you have < 100 hands on the guy, so that might change.

[ QUOTE ]
Raisy daisy. QQ you could slowplay here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? If it's because that means nobody can have a Q then I'm with ya. If it's because you're worried they might hit a bigger hand then lol.

[ QUOTE ]
This is also the type of hand you can get F*&*(d

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, lol.

Anyways, I decided to C/R $14. Only way I'm getting more value is if somebody has a Q and they will stack off 100%. They both folded btw, and I'm happy with how I played it. I think I got more value than if I led out (I was counting on MP's c-bet and very glad I got an extra call).
Old 12-03-2006, 07:09 PM

I think a CR is fine here because if you lead, you miss MP's possible cbet.

If they have nothing/are weak, then they are folding the turn anyway and its pretty unlikely that cring again is going to yeild you anything except another free card for villains. Similarly, if they have a Q or AA/KK or some other hand that they aren't folding, they are more likely to not fold the flop than they are to not fold the turn, because there's a better chance that AA/KK will call a $15 raise in the hope of catching something lucky, or just consider you FOS and push over the top of you.

So I would say raise and just get as much money in as you can then obv call a push, or lead the turn in the hope of fattening the pot even faster.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:37 PM

MP has TAG stats so his bet is most likely a cbet the call from CO is suspect his stats might suggest a Q or some PP who wants to play. There is ofcourse the outside chance that he is calling to float but I dont think so on this board.

I think I c/r will scare away MP for sure and might scare away CO but If you call and lead into them Mp will probably fold unless he has a Q but I think CO will stick around with a PP over pair or someting like TT, JJ.
If called on turn I would lead for pot if not overbet the pot on river.