Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Poker Pro from Kazakhstan needs legislation advice

I started poker in Summer. Now I win about 25 bucks per hour, small limits.

I want to pay my debt back. I want to get the restructurization or consolidation, or whatever it is. Second chance, in normal human language. And they say that the only option I have is to pay. So, I am saying to them: Oh, yeah? You know what, I have option just to NOT pay.

And than will negotiate it further. I am just sending a signal that I don't give a [censored] about them. Which is true, by the way.

The reason of this post is to get advice on how serious the situation is. I can go live anywhere, but I don't want to miss on chance of visiting NY sometimes.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:46 PM

So, youre a pro making $25 / hr? LOL

Anyway, back to your orignial question. Not paying your debt makes you a dead beat and will prevent you from getting another loan (car, house, credit card)..but its not going to stop you from visiting New York or anywhere else.

Theres no debtors prison here. You cant go to jail or anything like that for not paying a debt.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When Borat was here I taught him the phrase that you should tell them when they harass you and it is, "Go F yourself."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only poster in this thread that gets it. It's not a coincidence that the OP and Borat are both from Kazakhstan. He messing with you guys just like Sacha Baron Cohen did to the unsuspecting folks in his movie. Don't get all worked up.

Nicely done, though, OP.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Youre a poker pro who cant pay his debts? Im sure you'll do very well.

Get real dude. Set up a payment schedule, you friggin mooch. Citibank is mean to you? You owe them $50K. WTF do you expect.

They dont care about this kind of thing in your country? Well there is one of many reasons why you have a 3rd world country.

No offense, but you disgust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYAD
Old 12-03-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, youre a pro making $25 / hr? LOL

Anyway, back to your orignial question. Not paying your debt makes you a dead beat and will prevent you from getting another loan (car, house, credit card)..but its not going to stop you from visiting New York or anywhere else.

Theres no debtors prison here. You cant go to jail or anything like that for not paying a debt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again. FYAD.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Default What a Country !

When I emigrated to this great country from Mother Russia, I did not have one dollar/kopek in my pocket. (I keep them hidden elsewhere, in a private bank .... somewhere on the Hershey Highway.)

Anyway, I soon dicover that this great country, America, has a FREE market system. This is great, but does not mean things are free I find out.

So I get an education, not unlike you, and become college professor, write many books about free market and get rich. I start to post here a lot, but last month I died at the age of 94.

Before that, many years ago, I sell my act to Yakov Smirnoff, who evidently sell it to Sasha Cohen, who sell or give it to you. Good, I do not want to see waste, which would be indicative of an ineffcient market allocation of tired old comic routines.

yes, you can visit US again, unless Citibank sell your debt to Vito's Collection Service or report you as terrorist or Democrat.

Have a goat,

Milton
Old 12-03-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: What a Country !

I am from Georgia. It is the same as Kazakhstan to you, isn't it?

The rest of the story is true. And I am seriously interested how strict your government is if I don't pay money to Citibank for a while.

I think I will have to go to the bankruptcy lawyer. Nobody cares about people from Kazakhstan in this forum:-).
Old 12-03-2006, 03:05 PM

So, they are selling my loan to collection agency I think. I mean, I am sure they will do that as long as I don't pay. Can collection agency report me to immigration guys and prohibit me from visiting States?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM

"I am from Georgia. It is the same as Kazakhstan to you, isn't it?"

Well shoot, Cleetus, why didn't y'all say so ? You mean Georgia like Stalin's birthplace or Georgia like Home of the Braves ?

In either event I doubt that Vito's Collection Agency feels bound by the rulings of a bankruptcy court if they happen to get personal jurisdiciton over your carcass.

"The rest of the story is true."

Yes, Yakov, we know .... the bit was yours before Sasha hijacked it. The difference is that Borat is funny and your jokes don't even fly in Branson, Mo.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:27 PM

When you get to NY, avoid Brighton Beach ... I hear that Citibank has contracted out there for collection work.