Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Kind of a Crazy PLO Tourney Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong, I like preflop, but you're overthinking things and giving too much credit to $11 donkaments players.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I LIKE PREFLOP" - you little bastard!

Dear tm!U,

I think the point of my play is that I'm NOT giving them credit, rather than too much. I agree the spot is SUPER MARGINAL, but folding there might be worse than jamming, given my read on what my opponents hold. If they had the hands that you claim they might have, the action would have been different because the play postflop is straightforward in $11 MTTs.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Kind of a Crazy PLO Tourney Hand

[ QUOTE ]
It’s early in an $11 Omaha Hi MTT on PS. No specific reads on any of the players, but my general read is that everyone is playing nearly any four cards and there is a lot of limping pre with very little raising. After the flop, average action.

A friend was watching and he claimed my turn play was suicide, but given that I think MP2 is weak (maybe semi-bluffing with a pair+straight or two clubs), and that the button probably has a flush draw, I think the two-pair on the turn was just enough for me to move.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, your friend was right. Check-instafold the turn, if you don't fold the flop.