Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 03:03 AM

Default Re: RB noob seeks RB pro for guidance

Hey Bobb

Rakeback & player softness are the #1 things I look for in a poker room. Currently I play 3/6 thru 10/20 LHE on several sites - and I never play without getting at MINIMUM 50% rakeback.

Limit players pay thru the nose in rake. A 75% rakeback deal (through a combination of affiliate + reload bonuses, or as a prop player) can add up to about 1.5bb/100 onto your winrate - this means a good 1.5bb player can literally double his hourly rate with some research & bonus manipulation.

***if you're willing to play shorthanded, search the web for prop player deals. you can get 100%-120% at some sites. If you're not willing to play shorthanded, drop down a couple levels and learn it. It will improve your game tenfold.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:46 AM

Get RB as fast as possible, it doesn't matter the stakes. I don't get why nobody is recommending Absolute Poker. There is always several .5/1 games going, unlimited bonus potential(you wont be able to clear them as they're coming in if you maximize them all). AP offers anywhere from 400-1200 in bonuses every week, every week! They offer 28% on rakeback, and your points you earn as a VIP can be traded in for cash at certain intervals or you can buy items from the store. All of this without deducting from you monthly gross rake. I play 3-6 6max limit at AP, my monthly rakeback is roughly 5k, I usually clear around 3k in bonuses as well. Go to AP, it's sick.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:44 PM

People aren't recommending AP because the bonus would clear way too slow at .50/1 Limit. The games are also incredibly tight at those limits as the tables are full of ultra-rockish bonus whores.

You're abolutely right that AP is arguably the best site for rakeback+bonus+point value, but I wouldn't recommend a relatively new player who plays limit to start at Absolute until they're playing at least 2/4 and are experienced enough to handle the rocky games they'll find there.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:10 AM

AP would clear slow at .5/1, then again I don't know where a bonus would clear fast at that limit. I have always played at UB and AP, so I guess I'm used to the "rocky" sites, don't know any different.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:27 AM

Always sign up for RB if you do not you may regret it later when there is nothing you can do to get it..
Old 12-04-2006, 01:28 AM

Exactly, no reason not to just sign up for it. It's always there for the future, and you WILL want it.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Always sign up for RB if you do not you may regret it later when there is nothing you can do to get it..

[/ QUOTE ]