Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Re: PP 11$ / AJo / Level 4

lol. I'll provide my reasoning. I'm not sure if you'd consider it rational though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Preflop: I'm willing to go all in pf with this hand and will call a push by either sb or bb. I think the chances are that my hand is best and that by raising 3x, either one of the 2 remaining players will push over the top with a weaker A or a decent K or any pair (and of course I have the right odds to call a push by any pair smaller than J). In fact, I think they will push with weaker hands than they would fold to my pf push. So the 1st reason I raise instead of pushing is that I'm giving a weaker hand the opportunity to come over the top thinking they have fold equity (people love coming over the top in the $11's at this stage with A-any and weak K's). BB is unlikely to call my hand--he is going to push or fold. If SB calls, BB will be happy to fold a lot of hands hoping that I'll get busted leaving him at the bubble with one other person with a shorter stack. So, in short, I think I'm more likely to get chips into the pot as a significant favorite by raising vs pushing.

Flop: My hand is probably good. SB is aggressive and may very well try to make a move on me. It won't work though, because with this board I am committed to the hand and believe it is likely best. When SB checks, I ask my self what a strong hand would do in this situation and I give SB some credit for being smart enough to think the same thing. If I had any K here, I would check behind. Also, if I had any big pair I would check behind because I'd give SB the chance to represent a K on the turn or river (if he has it, I'm going broke). So I check behind.

Turn: SB is likely to try to small bet to pick up the pot here. If he does, I think a min raise looks scariest to him. If he checks, of course I'm going to bet my hand.

River: If he called my bet on the turn and he checks the river, he most likely has me beat and will call any bet on teh river. Thus I check behind with enough chips to push with 5x the bb.

Note: I have been rightfully accused of FPS, so it very well may apply here. I should probably do the math... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

I would call your flop push with AQ too.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There isn't one, it's a push preflop and a very very easy one at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I tend to discount preflop pushing a wee bit when I'm > 10bb. I need to work on this -- situations like this I can't really maneuver too much post flop anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. My ROI went up after I stopped doing that.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which is why i'm so interested as to why she(?) would.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrt gender, my answer depends on who is asking. if you look like Brad Pitt, I am definitely female. If you are the typical online poker geek, think of me as a 310lb lumberjack with a full beard and a hairy back. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I made the mistake of giving out my email address to a person who played on Party once. He started sending me pictures of him in the nude and he kept asking me to send him a picture. Finally I found a picture of some big dude with a big beard and sent that to him. I didn't hear from the guy again!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call your flop push with AQ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because someone who calls wiht AQ happened to get AQ this hand doesnt mean its not a push. Theres a factor called variance and this is why we try not to be results oriented. Buy SNGPT's you need it and it will be very profitable for you.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:54 PM

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that calling with AQ is wrong? Or something else? Also, where in my post did I display results oriented thinking?