Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Local card room vs Vegas

I knew a post like this was just a matter of time. I'm not crushing the game so I obviously suck. Yes, I have been in a few games like you describe but they are few and far between, at least on the nights I play.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM

I have more winning sessions than losing ones and don't think CP games are impossible to beat, just tougher than an average Vegas game. As TommyO said in Vegas you have way more "gamblers" who have never played or play very little compared to CP where it's mostly regulars and people who are there to specifically play poker. Not all of these regulars or locals are good players but probably say 75% vs. like maybe 40% in Vegas.

The LAG's and caller down guys make it tough for big pairs to stand up which I know is overall good, but can kill you sometimes when they river that second pair on your big pair or straight/flush on your trips over and over in a session while you can't hit a draw. The key is waiting to hit a big hand and value betting it big.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:45 PM

Exactly. I too win more than I lose but I'm certainly not crushing the games. If you are crushing these games you are probably just running good.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 PM

I would be interested to hear from others around the country on this.

How are you local Card Clubs skillwise compared to the Vegas games you have played?
Do you usually play for lower, higher or about the same stakes in Vegas that you play at home?