Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 10:34 PM

Default Re: post your workout routine

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious about how you reacted to creatine. I tried it out once, and didn't really see any difference. I gained a few quick pounds, but that's it. The supposed water-weight did not go away once I stopped taking the stuff, so I do not even know whether to attribute that quick weight gain to creatine or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it pretty effective. in my first month, i gained 15 lbs. of almost all muscle using this product. however, most of that was due to my diet and proper weight training. creatine certainly helped, though.

did you load it? many people don't believe in it, although i found great results in taking it 4x a day for the first week, and then 1x a week after that.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious about how you reacted to creatine. I tried it out once, and didn't really see any difference. I gained a few quick pounds, but that's it. The supposed water-weight did not go away once I stopped taking the stuff, so I do not even know whether to attribute that quick weight gain to creatine or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it pretty effective. in my first month, i gained 15 lbs. of almost all muscle using this product. however, most of that was due to my diet and proper weight training. creatine certainly helped, though.

did you load it? many people don't believe in it, although i found great results in taking it 4x a day for the first week, and then 1x a week after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 11-27-2006, 10:52 PM

2 days a week - two games of pickup basketball; 1 day a week, 4-6 games of pick-up basketball;

2 days a week - upper body weights

when I get a chance - regular golf or disc golf
Old 11-27-2006, 10:55 PM

a couple of donkaments each day
Old 11-27-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure what your getting at. the 15 lbs. was real, though.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's laughing at your claim of gaining 15lbs of muscle within one month without the use of anabolic steroids.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's laughing at your claim of gaining 15lbs of muscle within one month without the use of anabolic steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was 12-13 lbs, but that's besides the point.

For a beginner, this is nothing really spectacular. A beginner who eats alot of the right foods, hits the gym often enough, and has the dedication can definitley put on 10+ pounds in the first month. I'm not referring to guys who have been working out for years and years.

This topic was discussed to death on another forum, here ...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=69605

I used that system for the first month, and got the results it promised. However, after that point I became "stuck", and switch to a different routine.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 PM

It's not impossible to gain that much if you are a beginner and eating like an animal. I know some people in my gym that over six months have gained around 50 pounds without steroids (that I know of). Most of the weight you gained was most probably water though, which is what creatine effectively does.

I didn't load creatine. I read that you can just take it normally without loading, and you get the same effects, but that it would take a longer while to reach the saturation point. I took it once a day. I noticed weight gain at the third week of taking the stuff. I went from 155 to 160 seemingly overnight. When I got off creatine, the weight did not drop below 160, which is what I still am at right now 8 months later.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:22 PM

15lbs of muscle mass in one month? I am extremely skeptical on that. I don't even know how you'd be able to assess how much of your gain was fat, muscle, and water.

How did you estimate this bullet dodger?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 PM

Even if it was your 1st month of working out ever, it's physically impossible to add 15 pounds of MUSCLE MASS. 10 lbs is probably possible, the rest is gonna be water/fat.

GodJr,

I have heard very good things about HST training and had a friend try it who was a really serious lifter. He used to do the traditional once/week per muscle group and switched to the HST program and said it was his best month muscle gain wise since he started. I never tried it and have gotten really lazy since I used to workout religiously, but if your main goal is putting on mass and don't care much about increasing strength/maxes, HST is probably your best bet.